Testing out my first set of Avon Storms

juddspaintballs

Dual Sport Touring
Bike
KTM 1090 Adventure R
STOC #
I currently still have a paid of Avon Azaros on the ST. My back one is in dire need of replacement and my front one has seen better days. I'm going to change both at the same time.

So I shop for some places to buy tires. SWmototires has the best price that I could find on a set of Storms (since the Azaros are hard to find in a matching pair now that they've been discontinued for the Storm). They also had good prices on the Metzler Z6 which I was also considering.

Then I run across a thread on the forum called "Tire Help" posted by Two Brothers the exact day I was pricing tires with SWmoto. He says he's got a tire shop down in GA (I think) and he can get ST-owners good prices on tires to the door. So I send him a PM and he gets back to me within a couple hours with prices for Storms and Z6's. And what he says is true: he has some good prices :eek::

Not to mention I placed my order Wednesday (4/30) around 4:45 PM with him and they were waiting on me when I got home from work on Friday (5/2).

I have no affiliation with Two Brothers Tires, but I am a satisfied customer who will promptly return when this set of tires wears out. I highly recommend them.

Now about those Storms...they look great. I hear they do very well in wet pavement conditions.

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
Jed - Count me in as a satisfied customer as well. Very prompt turn around on questions, friendly pricing, and tires within a day and a half of ordering. Pretty tough to beat that!

John

Summer - Grand Forks, BC, Winter - Hemet CA
Bike
1999 ST 1100
STOC #
I would like to add my KUDO's for the service I received from Tim at Two Brother's. He took the initiative to contact me when I made a post about looking for some tires and I have now purchased 4 sets (2 Bridgestone OEM and 2 Avon Storms) at better prices than I found elsewhere. Shipping was very quick (2 days on each order).

If I have a chance to support a member of this board, and get a good deal, I will jump every time.

By the way, just installed the Storms on Deb's and my bikes in preparation for setting off for FriendSToc. We took a short ride this morning to scrub them off a bit and I almost had to be dragged back here to do the chores that were waiting for me before I go. Initial impression is that we like the Storms and that the recommendations they've been receiving are well deserved.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Wow Al, wore the last pairs out already?!!! :D

I just put 2 more on Chris's today.

Mark

Summer - Grand Forks, BC, Winter - Hemet CA
Bike
1999 ST 1100
STOC #
Mark, the last sets aren't close to worn out yet, but they do have about 3,500 miles on them. Rough calculations for the trip to FriendSToc are about 7,000 miles (depending on how many side trips we make back there), so I didn't want to get caught having to change them out enroute.

Although we thoroughly enjoyed the opportunity to meet you and Chris, the mental gyrations of trying to figure out where and when to change tires is something I prefer to avoid on the road. Besides, it has been known to cut into riding time or force me to make choices about whether to skip a ride to preserve tires. From what I hear, we'll need good rubber to keep up with the group on the Triple P.

STOC #
Well this thread all but seals it for me then....
My stockers are shot at 6700 mostly the rear the front looks ok, but if I am going to change brands I will do both tires.
I have been throwing different ones around not able to make up my mind and the storms where at the top of my list,
I am in GA and can give 2 brothers a call on pricing and maybe even mounting it.

I do want a good wet tire as you might have heard, it rains alot in the south (well until last yr that is lol)

Thanks for helping me make up my mind. :D

I just installed my 2nd Storm rear. I like em! Got just under 9k for miles while the front looks good for at least another 5k or more (I hope). Great in the wet. I tend to flat spot mine because so much of my riding is commuting without many twisties between home & work.
I have the same exact problem. I hate seeing all that good tread on the sides and the middle flat as a board. I do sometimes go about 20 minutes out of my way on my commute to hit just a few curves, but that's all we have here unfortunately.

Top Bottom