Texas Hill Country March 2008

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
I now have a much better idea of just how badly I cramp your picture taking style when we ride together! ;)

Great shots and report. Made me almost feel like I was there riding. Sure as heck wish I was! Sure beats the week I spent in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I'm trying to carve out a couple of days to get down to the THC to see the flowers, and burn up my current tires so I can get new ones before WeSTOC. Looks like it might be a good idea to bypass 337 this time around, with all that construction.

Thanks for the vicarious road trip. Much needed this week!

Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
Cattle guards on FM 335....ouch!
For future reference, the best place to take those is dead center. (Unless, of course, there's oncoming trafic.) The road crests in the center, and then drops off slightly to the sides, while the cattle guards are straight across. They're almost perfectly flush at the center stripe.

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I now have a much better idea of just how badly I cramp your picture taking style when we ride together! ;)

Great shots and report. Made me almost feel like I was there riding. Sure as heck wish I was! Sure beats the week I spent in Saratoga Springs, NY.

I'm trying to carve out a couple of days to get down to the THC to see the flowers, and burn up my current tires so I can get new ones before WeSTOC. Looks like it might be a good idea to bypass 337 this time around, with all that construction.

Thanks for the vicarious road trip. Much needed this week!
Mark...

If you go in May, I'm up for another round. Let me know. 337 is still worth the struggle....IMHO.

Forest

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
Mark...

Oh cr*9.....I just thought about what you wrote....."scrub rubber off of your tires....so you can buy new ones before Westoc"....

Ok....got to make a rule here. No threads showing at the end of the weekend!!!!

:)

Bike
2007 ST1300
I really need to make it down there sometime soon. My cousin, who rides a Harley Sloptail Deluxe, lives in Killeen. I would like to make it down there with him before he goes back to Iraq this summer.

OP
OP
uptoblackwood
Bike
'09 ST1300 ABS
STOC #
I really need to make it down there sometime soon. My cousin, who rides a Harley Sloptail Deluxe, lives in Killeen. I would like to make it down there with him before he goes back to Iraq this summer.
John,

The next two months are great in the hill country. The wild flowers will be up soon. April is sort of out for me. I'm going to Spain to visit my youngest daughter....

Forest

Top Bottom