Texas M/C trailer tags

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
How much to get a license plate for Texas M/C pull behind cargo trailer? Bike would qualify for an Antique Tag, would the trailer? Does the trailer have to have insurance?

OP
OP
Mophead

Mophead

Site Supporter
Bike
FJR1300
Thanks Steve. All I need is one more registration to do each year. I'm looking at an older Goldwing that has a trailer along with it. Think I'll just tell him to keep the trailer and sell it separately. That way I don't have to mess with it or have a place to put it.

Bike
2010 ST1300
My guess - and its only a guess and moot at this point - is the trailer would not qualify for antique plates. Here in Ohio, we are limited by the number of miles an antique vehicle may drive in a given year. How would you document that for a trailer? While there might be a loophole that allows trailers to have antique plates, I doubt the bureaucracy would allow it - after all, regardless of how old the trailer is, it could be pulled behind one of several motor vehicles. I've seen trailers that look like they made it through the ice age...and have never seen any plates other than standard trailer license tags.

Top Bottom