The 5 Way Tee

Wes

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300, DRZ400S
Upon starting my 2007 last week, the initial idle was definitely lower than normal and uneven. I began receiving an FI Code 2 almost immediately. After some research on the forum, I followed all the great info and removed the 5 Way Tee, the old vacuum hoses, and the MAP Sensor. I cleaned the sensor with some Mass Air Flow Sensor cleaner, cleaned the tee with a pipe cleaner and carb cleaner (only a little crud came out), and then reinstalled with new MasterPro 5/32 hoses from O'Reilly's like the ones pictured above, cutting them slightly longer than the originals to elevate the tee some like suggested. I was a little concerned that the new hoses did not fit very snuggly onto the tee, but the tension from the opposing side hoses seemed to hold everything together alright. After reassembling everything and cranking the motor, the FI light code did not come on, but the idle was still pretty low. When using the throttle to raise the idle speed, I am getting a pulsing of the RPM level up and down. I've thought I might need to increase the idle adjustment, but I'm wondering if those not-so-snug vacuum hoses on the 5 way tee might have anything to do with this. I remember reading something about a similar idle pulsing issue somewhere on the forum, but I can't find that info again. Thanks in advance for any guidance and help!
Problem solved and my ST is purring as usual again! Larry @Igofar came to my rescue and helped me trouble shot what was going on over the phone. Thanks, Larry!!! It ended up being the too loose fitting Master Pro 5/32" vacuum tubing like what is shown in Post #11 above that I bought at O'Reilly's. It may have just been a fluke thing, but it definitely wasn't the same as the Prestone packaging from AutoZone.

Top Bottom