the one that gets away

Bike
2009 ST1300
IMG_9484.JPG

this was for sale when I bought my ST, it was 32 or 33 k and right beside me when I bought the ST, it had a bit of skip on idle [rich] but it was 5300 bucks; I don't have any money, never had but, I could have picked it up and unloaded it in the spring for at least close to what I would have paid, and that's the thing, I don't care what anyone says, every car and bike is a loser, it boils down to how much you loose, can you take it, and did you get the experience of it for not too bad a kick in the ___, I only rode my buddy's ZX14 once, just a slow ride about, but I can't shake the whole thing that's going on now and I think I missed the bus, all of these real rocket bikes are getting expensive and rare

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
Been shopping the last coupla weeks..... only one Blackbird for sale in Canada.... several ZX14's....... now if I could only afford the insurance, lol.

sirbike

Site Supporter
Bike
2003 ST1300A
2024 Miles
From a sixty nothing to a sixty a little bit, I think the ST was the right pick. More practical, more comfortable, all weather comfortable, and 95% of the time plenty fast enough. If money is tight, a second bike could take away from the full potential of owning the ST.
If more sporting capabilities could smooth you, suspension upgrades might help bring more satisfaction. When I ride stock I do wonder why I upgraded. Then I get on the upgraded bike and remember why. Better suspension is all the time. It’s value increases with speed and worse road conditions.
Just an idea for feel good purposes.

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
The only "one that got away" from me was this girl in HS. Real pretty, and she came right up to me while I was working the concession stand at a basketball game and said "I want you!."
Dummy HS me, I froze.

Oh, and then there was this Moto Guzzi California that I waited too long to decide on just before I bought my ST1100. I think the ST was better though.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
Concours 14... touring with that ooomph! That engine was so intoxicating to me! It would spool up so fast on the slab and secondary roads... just so quick! It wasn't a light to light bike, but out cruising, fast! I'm sure those little 600 and 750 rocket bikes were shocked when they got an eye full of my taillights. :biggrin:

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
You think the Kawi was fast?
Try riding one of the new triumph rocket three’s!
You can back the damn things into a corner on pavement!

Bike
2000 ST1100
IMG_9484.JPG

this was for sale when I bought my ST, it was 32 or 33 k and right beside me when I bought the ST, it had a bit of skip on idle [rich] but it was 5300 bucks; I don't have any money, never had but, I could have picked it up and unloaded it in the spring for at least close to what I would have paid, and that's the thing, I don't care what anyone says, every car and bike is a loser, it boils down to how much you loose, can you take it, and did you get the experience of it for not too bad a kick in the ___, I only rode my buddy's ZX14 once, just a slow ride about, but I can't shake the whole thing that's going on now and I think I missed the bus, all of these real rocket bikes are getting expensive and rare
The year 2000 I was looking at a Kaw Concours and a BMW RT and the ST1100. Ruled out the Concours because the ST1100 was just right. Ruled the BMW out because of the High cost of maintenance and air cooled motor. If I remember correctly the Concours was the cheapest and the BMW was the higher cost. ST 1100 was just right cost wise. I'm still comfortable with my decision 22 years later.

Found a used 2015 at the dealer on 2017, had two miles it with the trunk in boxes, new michelins and extended warranty. Could not pass it, took it to the Tail of the Dragon, somewhere in between I nailed 140 and still had some rpm left. Sold my ST before went. long haul on the connie made my butt too sore. Found my st on craigslist and bought it back cheaper than I sold it. Me and the wife put 120,000 on it, the memories were just to good to pass
For long haul it is the perfect ride, my wife loves riding with me on it.
Most of time when I see a sport bike the 1st year it is ridden a lot, the 2nd not so much, the 3rd it starts a journey to the back of the garage and gets ridden rarely. Definitely the ST is the better choice for 2 up, although a seat from Riches here in the Seattle area would make the Kaw good too.

Top Bottom