The Wednesday - The Tenth

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
I loved a ride I had on a VFR, but then my poor ole back began to yell!
My son, who I bought the bike from, had the same issue. He said it was agony after an hour for him. He's 6'3", though, and had to slouch a but more than my 5' 10" self. His knees also hit the bumps on the tank, while mine fit nicely.
I bought it from him in CA, and rode it back to MA, while visiting interesting places along I40.
It's a bit funny, but on my FB history, this morning, an 8 year old photo popped up at the welcome center after the bridge over the Missippi in Memphis.

Steve

OP
OP
nicksacco
Bike
2003 ST1300
My son, who I bought the bike from, had the same issue. He said it was agony after an hour for him. He's 6'3", though, and had to slouch a but more than my 5' 10" self. His knees also hit the bumps on the tank, while mine fit nicely.
I bought it from him in CA, and rode it back to MA, while visiting interesting places along I40.
It's a bit funny, but on my FB history, this morning, an 8 year old photo popped up at the welcome center after the bridge over the Missippi in Memphis.

Steve
I wish I was 6' 3" - but unfortunately I'm not and my back just isn't what it used to be.
I love the styling of the VFR and wanted one badly - after a test ride, I knew I could never do it.

That's when I found the ST. With a couple of tweaks including Helibars, seat and backrest it's worked well.
For really long distance - my GL is the go to.

Top Bottom