Thermostat change no ignition

Chasing leak, replaced thermostat o ring water pump cover gasket, plugged in electrical connector on t-stat. Replaced coolant, everything seems to be connected, Tupperware is still off. I get no ignition no f/p whir but if switch to accessory position I get info for a second. Any ideas, ‘03 abs 40k all fuses good, get a relay tick when I switch to acc position.
Thanks for any help or advise.

Bike
'97 ST1100
STOC #
sounds like the battery may be marginal, I'd look there first, especially if you haven't touched anything other than what is stated in your post. I'm guessing you get a little life for a few seconds in the accessory position because that doesn't energize as much of the electrical system as the normal "on" position.

Hook the battery up to a car battery with jumper cables, but don't start the car. See if that fixes your issue.

OP
OP
seems your right, the battery is less than 4 months old, I had it on a battery tender, it says it’s charged but the the battery is only showing 10.5 v.

Bike
2010 ST1300
You used a hand held voltmeter at the battery to check this? I've had some problems w/ battery tenders in the past. Everything breaks eventually.

Try starting your bike with the jumpers attached. If it fires up it is the battery for sure, and probably a bad battery tender.

OP
OP
I’ve resolved the problem connected a 14v lipo and everything works fine, I’ll charge the battery on a multi peak detecting charger, thanks everything looks good.
Thanks.

Top Bottom