Thermostat stuck, need one.

My thermostat is stuck open on my 03' ST1300. If anyone has a new one to sell, I will gladly pay full amount plus shipping. Honda wants $30, Turbo City wants $34 by the time I add shipping and some sort of "handling fee." I refuse to pay a handling fee to TC on principle. *******s.

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I think I have one in a box out in the garage... I'll take a look today and let you know ;)

sherob

Old Herder of cats.
Bike
21 HD FLHXS (SGS)
STOC #
I couldn't find it in the boxes I have in the garage... I have a few in the basement I have to dig thru now :rolleyes: At least I was smart enough to mark them "MC stuff" :nuts1:

STill STylin

Red is ALWAYS faSTer
Bike
2005 ST1300A
STOC #
JuST replaced the OEM thermoSTat in my '05 with the Turbo City version. Be happy to ship it out to you.

CoST: FREE

Send five bucks (USA) to cover freight and it's yours!

Merry ChriSTmas

Please PM the addy you want it sent to and I'll include my addy in the parcel for you to send your check. Sound good? :bannana

Thanks

OP
OP
CZman
Pulled my thermostat last night. Tested it. It seems to work just fine, opening at just below 180 degrees. And yet, when it is colder than 55 degrees when I ride, the temp gauge rarely moves beyond two bars, sometimes just one, unless I stop or slow below 35mph. When it does warm to three bars, it will cool off to two when I resume speed. My indicator suggests that the engine temp has little effect on MPG, as others have suggested. Odd. So, I guess I do not need the thermostat after all. Sorry about the false alarm.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I'd say replace it anyway and your temp bars will then be at 3 once your bike warms up and stay there regardless of your speed.

Top Bottom