This oil is not Energy or Resource Conserving

Bike
R1200rt
@Igofar was saying Rotella appeared to be causing clutch problems. Due to a new formula? And that is not because of moly.

Because things change, we should periodically review our options and look for new ones. This causes problems with the status quo.
ok use that oil for a couple of years and get back with us . And which one was the bad moly?

RobbieAG

Robert
Bike
2005 ST1300
I've been using Rotella T6 full synthetic in all my bikes for many years. I checked the most recent bottle I have and it still states JASO MA. If that changes, I may switch to the GN4 10w30.

Bike
R1200rt
@Igofar was saying Rotella appeared to be causing clutch problems. Due to a new formula? And that is not because of moly.

Because things change, we should periodically review our options and look for new ones. This causes problems with the status quo.
Igofar might be talking about Rotella t5 which has 65ppm of moly you can see the additives here https://pqia.org/heavy-duty-diesel-engine-oil/ snoop around this site, many car oils are listed also
1657309482184.png1657309519198.png

Igofar

Site Supporter
Bike
2023 Honda CT125A
I can’t see from the pictures, but do either of those have the gasoline rating on them?
It will start with an S.
And to clarify a point, the new version of rotella without the gas rating, didn’t appear to cause clutch issues, it did on three bikes that I know of at this time.
Some needed new plates, the others just a change to a different brand solve these issues.
And to be clear I never stated it was because of moly, there are a lot of things in the oils that may have caused issues.

Bike
R1200rt
I can’t see from the pictures, but do either of those have the gasoline rating on them?
It will start with an S.
And to clarify a point, the new version of rotella without the gas rating, didn’t appear to cause clutch issues, it did on three bikes that I know of at this time.
Some needed new plates, the others just a change to a different brand solve these issues.
And to be clear I never stated it was because of moly, there are a lot of things in the oils that may have caused issues.
no s. interesting pic1657330589946.pngwho knew

Top Bottom