thoughts on heated seat?

Bike
98 & 99 ST1100
STOC #
If I was going to spend $200 more on a seat, I would get a leather unheated Russell Day-long instead of a Sargent. I've owned a Sargent seat, and it was a nice improvement over stock, but I have owned over a dozen Russells and they are luxurious. No, they are better than that.

Last edited:
Bike
2009 Wee Strom
I've had bikes with a heated seat (custom seat on a suzuki C50T, and a heated seat on a Victory Vision), and many bikes without. Honestly, I'd go without the heated seat. If you wanna heat your parts, look at heated liners. To me, that's a better use of the money, more universal, and with a heat-troller (does that brand still exist?) it makes for more customizable comfort.

Just my opinion.

Steve398

... another retired Black Rat.
Bike
2018 BMW R1200RT LC
I'd have a heated seat - It's there if you need it and leave it switched off if you don't... but it is a lot of money! That said, I've just emailed Sargent and they may be able to retro-fit...

Last edited:

Erdoc48

Site Supporter
Bike
94/00/04 STs, FSC600
Not for me in SC, as in the winter I typically don’t ride if it’s under 50 anyway. In NY State, it might be worth considering. In the cold, I use heAted vest and gloves and that works pretty well for me. We have the opposite issue now...too hot

Bike
2019 BMW K1600GT
For 45 years I wouldn't even consider things like a heated seat or grips, Those were for sissy's! I bought a BMW last December that had them on it, I quickly realized what I'd been missing and what a fool I had been! My wife really loves it! Spend the money it's worth every penny IMO.

OP
OP
drtyrrel
Bike
2010 ST-1300
You guys almost convinced me to order the heated model until I was invited to go on a trip to Nova Scotia in August. I'll put the extra $200 towards new tires or a gps. I ordered only the front seat and they are using a material that should match the stock rear seat. Even got 12% off and free shipping for fathers day:thumb:

Top Bottom