Throttle Lock brand advice ?

Bike
2016 BMW K1600GT
Looking to add a throttle-lock on a 91 ST1100...
Any luck with either brand ?

Throttlemeister?
Kaoko?

Any advice is appreciated on which brand you have had success with and or
product support...THANKS...

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
I have the TMs on an '01 and a '91.
It took awhile to get the hang of them; but, I now use them without even thinking about it.

I'm thinking of getting a set for the '93 too.

OP
OP
robofavo
Bike
2016 BMW K1600GT
throttle lock brand advice for 1100

Any suggestions for throttle locks?

Throttlemiester?
Kaoko?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks.

Bike
03, 10 ST1300A
Re: throttle lock brand advice for 1100

I just installed a Throttlemeister on my new '10 ST1300A

Same as I have on my '03

about 20 min start to finish

corey

Bike
2003 ST1300
I have a throttle meister now, I used to have the clamp type with the thumb switch like in the photo Uncle Phil posted, but I want this one:
go cruise throttle control from Aerostich
The throttle meister is nice, but requires some coordination to set it. I find I don't use it as often as I used to the other type like UP posted. This looks easy, cheap, and effective.

Bike
2002 ST1100
NEP or Vista Cruise are usually the choices on the ST1100. Or the Caterpillar O-Ring (part number 8M 4991 for the yellow one). The lever on the NEP sticks up a little higher than the one on the Vista Cruise. Either one will work.
Hello Uncle Phil,
I like the look of the Vista Cruise, but they have several models available. Do you happen to remember which fits the ST11? Thanks!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Hello Uncle Phil,
I like the look of the Vista Cruise, but they have several models available. Do you happen to remember which fits the ST11? Thanks!
PepperCrab - I don't have the model number. I believe the big difference is how the prongs snap over the throttle cables. The ST1100 Vista has one prong.

Also, on fitting the Audiovox to the ST1100, the biggest issue is sorting how the pull cable connects to the throttle pulley. It usually requires a lever to be attached to the pulley for the pull chain to be attached to. I have the McCruise on all three of my ST1100s because I did not want to take a chance on messing up the pulley. The pulley is braided onto the carbs, so if you go that route be careful. But it has been installed successfully as well as the Rostra cruise control.

OP
OP
robofavo
Bike
2016 BMW K1600GT
Thanks guys...My '91 did come with the NEP as shown by Uncle Phil...however, on engagement on one long trip it broke apart at speed...never did bother to go back and look for the parts...
Brake-away looks great, but beyond what I'm willing to pay, Might wait until I can make it up to the AeroStitch warehouse in Duluth MN, next month, to preview
their product...looks to good to be true...just might wind up with the TM. Stay tuned.

Bike
1995 ST1100
STOC #
My bike had Throttlemiesters on it when I got it. I got the correct hardware to put them on my Helibars when I got them (bike is a 95, and I think the Helibars were for the earlier bar end style). They work, but it's awkward as heck to try to engage the lock while riding.

Looking at some of the options here, I really like the BrakeAway unit... but not the price. Looks like the Vista Cruise is the most similar, just without the brake release.... and the price is NICE. I think I'm gonna find one of those. I'll hang on to the Throttlemiesters until I get around to getting some new bar end weights.

Top Bottom