Throttle Lock

Bike
2006 ST
I'm a newbie and wondering what options you all are using for Cruise Control or Throttle Locks. I was checking out the Kaoko Throttle Lock Cruise Control as well as the Throttlemeister and was interested getting some feedback on these products.

I'm happy with the Throttlemeister. It is a quality part. However, I would rather have a real cruise control. I hear some of the new electronic ones are pretty good.

okmurdog

Will Ride for Pie
Bike
2014 FJR1300ES
STOC #
I have a simple Vista throttle lock which works great for a quick break.

Highrider

Part time mechanic
Bike
2005 ST1300
STOC #
I have the Throttlemeister on both my 1100 and 1300. Been using them for the past 7 years, like them the most for riding in the mountains. You can set them for partial lock and easily adjust without effort.

Bike
2005 & 2006 St 1300
STOC #
If you would like to go the cruise control route I would recommend the Audiovox CCS-100 if you can find one, usually on ebay. There are plenty of threads on this site for installs and always lots of advice.:06biker:

punk rocka

this space for rent
Bike
'06 ST1300
I have the Kaoko and I am happy with it for what it does, on a long ride getting some wrist rest time is like free pie! That said, if I could have anything, I'd choose the CCS-100, as I would really prefer a real cruise. The big determining factor for me was cost. The Kaoko was fairly inexpensive and it took 5 minutes for me to put on the bike. A real cruise, as I understand it, is a half a day installation process and that's if you know what you are doing.

Also, I do have a group buy going until on the Kaoko if you end up choosing that. Just follow the instructions in the group buy thread and get your order in before the end of next week.

Love my Throttlemeister on my GSA. I have the Audiovox on the ST and the complaint I have is that it won't hold the speed on the hills in northern SC and western NC. I wish I had the throttlemeister on the ST, maybe one day I will pull the plug and finally have one on both bikes.

Bike
2004 ST1300A
I installed my Heli Riser today and the Kaoko Throttle Lock, both were picked up in group buys last fall. I'm happy with both. I haven't had a chance to use the throttle lock much yet but it works as designed. The repositioned bars were an instant improvement.

Pat

Bike
2005 ST 1300
Does anyone know if there is a simple throttle lock that doesn't use the bar around the switch body? I have a PIAA light switch where the square is, and most of the throttle locks show a small bar going over that, and I dont want to move it ....again. Pervious owner had the switch on the throttle side of the bike down low on the fering! Who does that?

Bike
'05 ST1300
STOC #
Does anyone know if there is a simple throttle lock that doesn't use the bar around the switch body?
The Kaoko, and the Throttlemeister, work off of the end of the handlebar. There's no clamp near the switch body. I have the Kaoko on my 1300, and prefer it to the Throttlemeister. There's a small cogged ring that lets you engage it with your pinky finger. I got mine from these guys: (http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/motorcycles/KAOKO_THROTTLE_CONTROLS.htm); here's the link to the Honda models: (http://www.adventurersworkshop.com/motorcycles/KAOKO_HON.htm). If you're looking for one for the KLX on your signature information, you may want to call.

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Well that's too rich for my blood (do they still say that?) lol but the site says this:

NOTE: The BrakeAway cruise control is not compatible
with factory or aftermarket heated grips on any model.
Bought mine 2nd hand, so it wasn't so steep. I have aftermarket heated grips, no problems. Thing I like is that there are two ways to release it, either manually, or just by applying the brake. Also very easy to make small adjustments depending on grade. That said, I don't have any actual experience with other products for comparison.

Bike
2012 GL1800 III
I have the Throttlemeister, but I rarely use it . I installed a G2 Throttle Tube, and currently BMW grips ( about to install Rojen Fin Q Grips and test), and I wear Teknic Violator gloves. I can just rest and relax my hand in place and the throttle stays constant.

Top Bottom