Throttle Lock

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
I installed the Audiovox CCS-100 on my '99 ST1100. When I moved onto the ST1300, I thought about installing one but upon relection, I realized that I never used it for more than a quick occasional break. I decided that it wasn't worth adding weight and complexity for something that I rarely used. I went with the Vista Cruise this time around. I examined the switch assembly and anchored it using one small bolt/nut through the side of the switch housing at the bottom. It's simple and easy to use.

Bike
06 Honda ST1300
So can someone tell me why exactly the BA system will not work with heated grips? I have been reading and reading some more about the throttle locks on the forums and trying to figure out something to go with. I just bought an 06 ST1300 but hte previous owner already installed the heated grips.

Bike
2006 ST1300
STOC #
Wildman: There are wires that run to the grip heaters and the potential problem is with the throttle lock interfering with the wires. The throttle lock grips the throttle tube when engaged. You just have to be careful in the placement of the heating element so that the throttle lock doesn't come into contact with it, which is not a problem. The wires need to be situated so that they won't bind or get caught on anything regardless of the position of the throttle. Hope this helps...

Top Bottom