throttlemeister install

beatlejuice

site supporter IBA member
STOC #
thanks for the advice everyone :bow1: . heres how it went.
bought the heavy brushed pair
read the directions.
the directions say to use a 3/8 :tools1: to take the weights out with the puller, but its actualy a 10mm wrench.(they must have changed the bolt but not the directions) the rest was easy. i think i have it adjusted right ill look at some of the other guys set ups when i see everyone friday night on the yosemite ride. :04biker:
also i even posted in the right place this time. will wonders never cease!

STPilot

Timmah !!
beatlejuice said:
thanks for the advice everyone :bow1: . heres how it went.
bought the heavy brushed pair
read the directions.
the directions say to use a 3/8 :tools1: to take the weights out with the puller, but its actualy a 10mm wrench.(they must have changed the bolt but not the directions) the rest was easy. i think i have it adjusted right ill look at some of the other guys set ups when i see everyone friday night on the yosemite ride. :04biker:
also i even posted in the right place this time. will wonders never cease!
Good job dude. I told you it was easy, a little sumflungdung and some buttpaste and it went right together. :D ;)

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
noneed
Cool Bill you will be able to use it both going and coming from yosemite, did you get grip puppys also?Are you still leaving at noon? I'm going to try and leave early and ride through Sequoia on the way up, rather than super slab all the way, any interest?

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

STOC #
maybe!

805gregg said:
Cool Bill you will be able to use it both going and coming from yosemite, did you get grip puppys also?Are you still leaving at noon? I'm going to try and leave early and ride through Sequoia on the way up, rather than super slab all the way, any interest?
hummmmm sequoia huh? how many miles does that add? im not sure my butt is up to it yet. let me know i just might. when would we have to leave etc.

ST_Jim

In the Hotel California...
Bike
2004 ST1300ABS
STOC #
Did you remember to use the Locktite?

Reason I ask is that I did a trail fit at first to see how the thing worked, and then proceeded to forget all about the Locktite. So naturally the bolt started backing out on my way to Death Valley. Fortunately I was able to catch it before loosing the hardware. :eek::

Jim

OP
OP
beatlejuice

beatlejuice

STOC #
jim

thanks jim. yes i put it on. i had thoughts of riding a couple hundred miles then noticing my end weights gone and at 147 bucks i remembered the loctite lol. :04biker:

STPilot

Timmah !!
ST_Jim said:
Did you remember to use the Locktite?

Reason I ask is that I did a trail fit at first to see how the thing worked, and then proceeded to forget all about the Locktite. So naturally the bolt started backing out on my way to Death Valley. Fortunately I was able to catch it before loosing the hardware. :eek::

Jim
I did the same thing Jim. In fact on the freeway coming home from Westoc, it decided (after about 5000 miles) it was time to come loose. I didn't lose any parts and fixed her up at the next stop. Learning curve!!

Top Bottom