Throttlemeister problem

Bike
2003 ST1300
I had my tire changed at my local dealer when a mechanic noticed I had loose grips. I agreed to another pair which they installed. Arriving home, I noticed my Throttlemeister didn't have any contact at all with the throttle tube, i.e. there is no grip. Any suggestions before I go back to the dealer?

Bike
GL1800 2015
I have a 16 yr.old TM...(TM told me they are all pretty much the same...)
But there is a washer(s) that need to go on to space the gap between the end and the throttle tube...Sounds like the gap has changed,or too many washers are on....? I would take it back!

OP
OP
STreaker
Bike
2003 ST1300
I have a 16 yr.old TM...(TM told me they are all pretty much the same...)
But there is a washer(s) that need to go on to space the gap between the end and the throttle tube...Sounds like the gap has changed,or too many washers are on....? I would take it back!
I believe they forgot the washer...Not the first time they forgot to replace an item. Thanks!

peterz

Site Supporter
Bike
07 ST1300
STOC #
Jon, i have the same problem with my TM right now. I installed a Throttle Tamer on mine and now it will not engage. The washers i believe push the lock away from from the tube. I have not had time to pull things apart yet. It looks like the throttle assembly has
moved over a bit on mine and that could be a problem but there is a pin that holds it in place, so i am not sure what the problem is
at this time. Hope this helps. Peterz

Bike
GL1800 2015
Jon, i have the same problem with my TM right now. I installed a Throttle Tamer on mine and now it will not engage. The washers i believe push the lock away from from the tube. I have not had time to pull things apart yet. It looks like the throttle assembly has
moved over a bit on mine and that could be a problem but there is a pin that holds it in place, so i am not sure what the problem is
at this time. Hope this helps. Peterz
yep! sounds like something moved....because if you put it together with NO washer(s)..the throttle would stick...without even engaging the TM...(at least that was my experience when installed mine...)

Bike
2019 GL1800
STOC #
Did they install the friction tube under the new grips?
I just installed mine and there were no washers on the throttle side, only a friction tube (rubber sleeve @ 1.5 inches length) which has to be installed over the throttle tube---the grip goes over that. Install adjustable throttle weight mechanism and adjust before locking down bolt with thread-locker---if not adjusted correctly and making good contact with friction tube it won't work. I may have a newer version??

Last edited:
Top Bottom