Thursday 11th April Café.

Bike
VStrom 650
The French Roast is Espresso strength this morning, you're warned. Fresh vanilla brioche too.
The weather is.......looks up......quite pleasant with a warm start at 52 and we may see 65. Not much rain either but a 35 mph blow from the South will probably feel meh later on.
Today is a slow start but it will involve shopping at Berwick-upon-the-Tweed after Er'Indoors medical appointment. No rush then, let's have another coffee. I don't mind a day off, my hands resemble blind cobblers thumbs after kitchen work. A rest will do them good.
Maybe. Pffffffftttttt.
Av a gud un and remember if you're in Texas, they have big long roads down there, you say what!
Upt.

Bike
2003 ST1300
Good Morning Caffinators!
Happy Second Thursday of the Month!
Wow! Thanks for the coffee, Ray - Did you know it also makes an excellent oven cleaner too?

Yesterday was spent measuring and ordering a few parts for Mr Tractor. His backhoe main pin is wobbly.
You'd order a new one if yours was wobbly too.
I'm off to the metal store today for steel to make a stand for the backhoe boom - or it will indeed go boom when I pull the pin out!

@Nashcat 's rain descended upon us yesterday for a little while - enough to stop outside work here on the plantation.
And the hyperbole channel promises more today. I guess I'll be gluing some metal together inside.

How did it get to April 11 already? Y'all have a wondohful day!

1712827733797.png

STooRay

Site Supporter
Bike
ST1300
Thx Ray, just the right strenght today!
I’m prepping for tomorrows 7,5 hour drive to Oslo, or if I’m beeing smartassed Os-upon-the-Lo, or in german Os am der Lo, or french Lo de la Os…..puh! another cup is needed.
We’re staying for a week at the same convent we‘ve visited on earlier occasions, it’s central but quiet.
Bring your own drink but don’t tell the nuns…

If I get a round tuit, I will do some sanding on the lower fairing, it got cooked last year when I tried to reproduce the fu****g F1 light.

9˚c/48f, grey, a little 20mh breeze from Rays direction.

Have a good one!
Stu

From the summer archives……..Hardangervidda
IMG_1910.jpeg

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Good Morning Caffinators!
Happy Second Thursday of the Month!
Wow! Thanks for the coffee, Ray - Did you know it also makes an excellent oven cleaner too?

Yesterday was spent measuring and ordering a few parts for Mr Tractor. His backhoe main pin is wobbly.
You'd order a new one if yours was wobbly too.
I'm off to the metal store today for steel to make a stand for the backhoe boom - or it will indeed go boom when I pull the pin out!

@Nashcat 's rain descended upon us yesterday for a little while - enough to stop outside work here on the plantation.
And the hyperbole channel promises more today. I guess I'll be gluing some metal together inside.

How did it get to April 11 already? Y'all have a wondohful day!

1712827733797.png
Is that a JCB 3CX? Their main site was on my patch at Rocester, Staffordshire, as a young "scuffer". Probably around 86 to 91.
It was impressive and still is, a Geneva'esque fountain and driveways just under the surface of the lake. They had a smaller copy of a European race circuit in the woods too, Imola I think.
I went around the factory when it was required. The workers hated the place. That's work I spose.

OP
OP
Upt' North
Bike
VStrom 650
Thx Ray, just the right strenght today!
I’m prepping for tomorrows 7,5 hour drive to Oslo, or if I’m beeing smartassed Os-upon-the-Lo, or in german Os am der Lo, or french Lo de la Os…..puh! another cup is needed.
We’re staying for a week at the same convent we‘ve visited on earlier occasions, it’s central but quiet.
Bring your own drink but don’t tell the nuns…

If I get a round tuit, I will do some sanding on the lower fairing, it got cooked last year when I tried to reproduce the fu****g F1 light.

9˚c/48f, grey, a little 20mh breeze from Rays direction.

Have a good one!
Stu

From the summer archives……..Hardangervidda
IMG_1910.jpeg
Ay up me o'd mucka.
Have you got different brackets on that screen?

ibike2havefun

Still above the sod
Site Supporter
Bike
Bikeless (9/29/2019)
STOC #
Good morning everyone

Thanks for the extra-strength drain cleaner and brioche Ray. Just the things needed.

It's cloudy and 64°F in Rockville, where we expect a high of 69 and heavy rain beginning around 1400 hours. That leaves the morning for a quick spin on the two-wheeler, if I trust the weather prognosticators. The radar map looks like an enormous tidal wave, about to come crashing down on us:
1712832599311.png

Stay safe and well everyone and tell your dear ones you love them.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A
Morning all and thanks for the drain cleaner Ray.

It snowed overnight but it's only raining now. Currently sitting at about 2C headed up to a high of 8C later. The rain is supposed to be with us for a few day and be quite heavy tomorrow. It is the 11th of April, so it's not really unexpected for it to be raining.

Today's random sentence from the generator is : I love bacon, beer, birds, and baboons.

Hope you all have a super day.

Obo

Bike
'03 ST1300A

steve3b3

Retired
Bike
2018 GoldWing
Good morning, and thanks for the coffee, Ray.

It's 44 in foggy MA this morning, but not to worry, It'll get wet and rise to 57, later.

Yesterday involved the gym and walking to and from the shop where Brenda's car was.
I got out to finish mounting the mower deck, but the new belt wouldn't slip over the flange of the drive pully. I'll try again today, before ordering another.

Enjoy the day,
Steve

Bike
Suzuki Gladius
Good morning all, and thanks for the jet fuel and brioche, Ray!

It's a wet one here too; only cloudy right now, but the rain will start sometime in the very near future and doesn't look like it intends to let up until Sunday. No "rainfall warning" yet, but we may wind up with one. 10°C/50°F right now, going to a high of 15°C/59°F. Work and doc appt. on the agenda today.

Everyone have a great day, stay safe and go safely.

Patty

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
Baboons! Who could love a Baboon!
Their mother.
Pfffttt.
Silly question.
Nonetheless, thanks for the Hi-test, Ray. I'll have 6 please, but one at a time so it doesn't get cold. Love me some Espresso.
Went to bed early and my eyelids popped open at 4:30, but I didn't want to start anything so I went right back to sleep. Success! I think the storms woke me up, it rained all night but it's supposed to move out later today, after it dumps more water for a while.
Should be a nice weather weekend, but several April showers this week will likely result in some mowing time.
Nothing clever from me today, but I'm ready for another cup.

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Good morning and thank you for the morning start. I was hoping for a early start this morning but it is super cold outside and in the tent. Not sure what the temperature is but I hope it warms up soon. I am in New Mexico heading towards Roswell. I will hit the road later.

Enjoy your day and be safe out there.

PXL_20240411_123207517.MP.jpg

Bike
2010 ST 1300
good morning all. thank you for the coffee Ray. 51F on the dog walk with lots of stars to enjoy. yesterday went well in the morning. did the gym and got to Sam's Club and in the afternoon got the ST out for a ride. got out on the main road and saw a sign for left lane closed. so I move over then I see that the road department had just oiled the road. Oh great. luck had a right turn just a 100 feet up ahead so I got off the main road and worked my way way back to clean road and went home. got some miles on the bike but not as many as I would of liked. Well we will see about today for a ride. should see 91F. enjoy the day and stay off oiled roads

stay safe

Bike
2014 ST1300
Morning all! 6C with light rain. 10C and more rain to come.

Meeting an old roommate from university today for lunch. He's managed to get himself elected to city council. Always was a masochist. I expect lunch will be filled with stories, inappropriate comments and laughter. Can't wait.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Top Bottom