Time for my 50,000 mile award

STOC #
Yesterday I passed the 50,000 mile milestone

I bought the bike on the 29th of July 2005 with 11911 miles on the clock

On the 17th September 2007 I passed the 61911 mark on my way home from Derby to Devon

DSC_2569small.JPG

In that time I have travelled to 16 countries

The obvious is of course England Scotland and Wales along with Ireland and Northern Ireland then France, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Luxembourg, The Czech Republic, Switzerland, Austria, Slovenia, Croatia and Italy.

The question now is shall I keep the bike for another 50,000 miles?

DSC_2529.JPG

Regards

Peter

Mellow that took you a whole TWO minutes to read my post then place my award and then post an answer

I and possibly many others would like to know

What took you so long?

Peter

Mellow that took you a whole TWO minutes to read my post then place my award and then post an answer

I and possibly many others would like to know

What took you so long?

Peter

I was eating a banana nut muffin at the time.

He had to make a pitstop at a DQ. :crackup

Congrats on the miles Peter. Are you seriously looking at something else?

I must say, I love that color for obvious reasons.. if they release that in the U.S. I'm going to have a hard time resisting... it will save me from buying a new helmet.:doh1:

The question now is shall I keep the bike for another 50,000 miles?

Congrats Peter!

Now about the next 50,000 miles...
I'd love you to list any issues you've had with the ST in the 1st 50k...

Mark

Congrats Peter!

Now about the next 50,000 miles...
I'd love you to list any issues you've had with the ST in the 1st 50k...

Mark

Just two issues well three really

One

When I was travelling from Prague to Berlin last year I came across a town called Theresienstadt (often referred to as Terez?n) it was throwing it down with rain and we decided to call it a day

Now this was where the fun started

I could not change gear at all without a lot of fiddling

We found out next day a a Honda dealer that there is a pivot point between the gear lever and the gear box and this was Knackered so we replace with a new one for ?10 fitted and its been OK ever since

Two

Just a few months ago I spotted that the radiator cooling fins were very blocked mainly along the bottom and the corners so I got it removed to be cleaned out but found after a couple of hours that we were not really achieving much in the attempts to clean it so I bought a new one and had it fitted....Not really sure it was necessary but with the miles I do and the fact I was about to travel to warmer climes I thought what the hell.

Three

As you can see the bike is a special colour and was painted by a very professional company in the UK by the previous owner. Shortly after buying the bike I found that the paint was blistering just above the Tip Over wings on both sides. Further investigation showed that the previous owner knew about this and had got it resprayed again and then sold it on.............Have now learnt to never buy anything off a copper as they are undoubtedly the biggest crooks.

Regards

Peter

I still would not change it for he world

So except for the paint which is a separate issue, you've had 2 problems that are the result of breakage or blockage (and this one might have been prevented by checking and regular maintenance... I think I'll go out and have a look at Chris's radiator!).

Pretty good record, IMO.

Thanks,
Mark

It was difficult to describe what part I was referring to in item ONE which was really the only fault I had but I have just found a picture of the troublesome part

It is the part numbered 5 in the picture that is on the page linked below

Click Here

Peter

Last edited:
Congrats on the 50K. I just turned over 30K on my trip to Sacramento this past week end. :biker:

Issues have been:

1. Stuck Thermostat - which I fixed

2. Flashing Fuel Gauge - Started right after I hit the 30K mark! Not fixed yet. :(

Holler out from the Bikeguy

Congratulations first and happy to see that you are out riding! I am a rider! And there aren't as many people out there as you would think that ride. So I really appreciate hearing from people who are out doing something that they love.

Riding is my life, literally. After suffering a stroke and going through hell, riding has given me peace of mind and peace in my life.

It is guys like us who need to put our foot square in somebodies butt to get them to ride. I push my buddies all the time. Sometimes they listen but allot of times they have a big list of things they have to do. But that is setting your priorities, not using excuses. Can't wait to hear when you hit the 100,000 mile mark. I have one buddy who has 92,000 miles or more on his 900 Ninja, 2001. He is the true master of the road.

Looks like I have lost my award.

Not sure why?

But I am not half way to the next yet so I am sadly behind schedule due to spending half the winter with a damaged hand and elbow

Regards

Peter

Ahh, Peter.

You aren't the only one! Everybody lost theirs. Then they got them back, then they were gone again.

You'll have to ask one of the technical people for sure, but I heard that the little gremlin that keeps the awards pinned up has gotten him self in a bit of trouble and isn't comming to work with any regularity:)

Good to see you!

Top Bottom