Time to get a little dirty

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I am wanting to ride some of the great forestry roads in my area and my daughter is finding her sport bike a little too cramped to tour on so..........pulled the trigger on a DL650. Low miles and kitted out pretty good. Can't wait to try it out.
Rod

Attachments

Bike
02 ST1100
You'll enjoy that Strom! Just be forwarned: These are NOT dirt bikes! (I had a 1000 Strom so I have some experience with these). They are a GREAT all around bike but don't expect it to handle like a DR650. They tend to carry their weight high so when they get a few degrees past vertical they can be tough to catch.

But having said all that... The Strom is GREAT bike! The only reason I don't have mine anymore is I wanted a more dirt worthy DS so I picked up a KLR but that's a topic for another thread.

If you haven't been over to StromTrooper yet it's a pretty good resource: http://www.stromtrooper.com/

And the John O. over there is Pat (Greywolf). He's the 650 guru and you can trust anything he says regarding the 650.
http://www.stromtrooper.com/10717-greywolf.html

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Looked at a 2012 DL650 adventure today... The bags on that thing make it look a mile wide! Wasn't expecting that... and 915 GVWR? That about as heavy as my Wing....

Great looking machine overall though...

Bike
02 ST1100
Looked at a 2012 DL650 adventure today... The bags on that thing make it look a mile wide! Wasn't expecting that... and 915 GVWR? That about as heavy as my Wing....

Great looking machine overall though...
The weight of the bike itself is only 490 lbs. That's a little lighter than the 660 lbs of the ST11!

You are right about the width. I had Pelican 1550's on mine and it was wide enough to put a golf bag across the seat with almost no overhang.

Last edited:
Top Bottom