Tip Over #5!!

Bike
'07 ST1300
Dang it, now the front tip over wings and my rear tip over bars are scuffed up, well at least they match now

This time I tipped her over to the right, but somehow I bruised the inside of my left leg, about 4 inches above my ankle, can't quite figure out how that happened...maybe as I was straining to try and hold the bike up, I must have been clamping down on the left side with my left leg????

Anywho I was rolling my bike back to get into a little shady spot, the same damn spot I last tipped over, but to the left last time...this time I had my front tire turned to the right, and brought the tire back onto a corner of a curb, and the impact, however slight caused me to bounce back to the right a little bit and loose balance as I was moving backward.....

I ALMOST was able to hold on and push it back up, but then suddenly I just couldn't budge and had to let her lay down to the right, what a disgusting feeling of defeat.....

It was such a hot day soft asphalt was embedded in the plastic of the front tip over wing,

At this time of the year there seems to be very little shade around my store and parking lot until after 3 pm....

970mike

Mike Brown
Site Supporter
Bike
07 & 12 ST1300A
SPOT
LINK
STOC #
Wow that bites! Maybe it is time to invest in a cover as that might be cheaper then dropping the bike. Take care. Looks like you need to update your tipover award also! :D

:usflag1:

STurgisSTeele

When did I become the "Old Man"!?
Bike
01 ST1100A (RIP)
STOC #
Gee, sorry to hear that. Hearing these tipover reports makes me a bit nervous. :eek:4: So I will invest in the tipover bars when the time comes. Hope you left leg heals quickly.

Bike
ST1300 '09
It is so nice to read that I'm not the only one to tip the bike. Darn thing is heavy!! Luckily I'm a woman who isn't afraid to ask for help. Harley riders are real nice at helping out a damsel in distress....expecially one who's bike is lying in the road.

Top Bottom