Tire Mileage

I have some more wear left on my 98 ST1100 and my plans are to take it to the Darkside with a car tire, I have seen rave reviews from those already using car tires and on ST1100 style bikes and along with more foot print on the pavement you get a longer wear mileage, so safety is important so longer wear, more footprint contact This seems like a changing attitude for the regular riders except those who enjoy the Tail of the Dragon lifestyle.
The keyword is ST1100 style bikes. Compared to the ST13, FJR, GW, etc., you'll find that very few ST1100 riders have gone to a car tire because you need a GW1500 rim and a custom spacer. AFAIK, there are no CTs that fit the ST11s rim. I ride 20-25k miles/year on my ST11, so long lasting tires are important to me. I run a Michelin Commander II on the rear and get 20-25k miles out of it. I run a BT45 rear tire on the front and get about the same, 20-25k miles/year out of it. The tires are better than I am, so no issued with spirited handling.

Question for those who are getting 12,000+ miles out of tires and are getting "good performance".......what criteria are you using for "good performance"?

Back
Top Bottom