Tire Stripper

Nice write up and review. I've had a NoMar for right at two years and really like it a lot. I've probably done close to 25 sets of tires, mostly sportbike tires, but have done them for my ST1300 also. I've never had to use a spoon or spoons to finish the mount. One thing that I've found on the really stiff tires is to make sure that you've used plenty of the lube and to keep the part of the tire that is already over the lip of the rim, pushed down into the center or "well" of the wheel........even if you have to stop, once you start the mounting of the tire by rotating the mounting bar. I did have a little bit of a learning curve when I first got it, but just go back and watch the videos that are included. Like Steve (owner of NoMar says), if you are having to muscle it, you probably aren't doing it correctly.

Bike
ST 1300
Have any of you guys tried the Mojolever bar? I have the HF changer but am thinking about going with a Mojolever or Tire Stripper bar. The mojo is 99 shipped and the tire stripper bar is around $150. Pros and cons would be good if any of you have tried both...

OP
OP
Byron

Byron

STOC #
This was supposed to be posted the other day but somehow I forgot to press the "Post" button.

I've mounted up another set of 020's this last weekend. The shims I made for the receiver hitch worked perfect. They virtually removed any twist flex in the mount. As mentioned earlier I wanted to set it up so that one of the arms was directly in line with the mounting bar from the vehicle. The problem was that the the height adjustment was in the way. What to do now? Well, I took the rear tire I use to keep my jack from sliding around the bed and threw it under the Tire Stripper with a piece of 3/8" plywood on top the tire to form a platform of sorts. Now the height adjuster was above the mounting plate and it bolted right up. My thought was that the first area of bead to break is the hardest and with everything in line, vehicle mount bar and platform arm, I would get the least flex or twisting when mounted to a vehicle and not the ground. This also worked.

The front tire went on without a hitch. I must not have had enough Wheaties that morning because I needed a little help pulling the bar to get the last of the rear tire over the rim. Success again, tires mounted without the use of spoons. When inflating the tires there was on problem with getting the beads to seal either.

I am liking this machine the more I use it. The tips in their videos about using a ratchet strap to pull the beads into the valley of the rim work well. I'd still like to try the mount/dismount bar on the No-Mar but have to make a new pivot rod first. Another thing about the Tire Stripper is that adjusting the spacer blocks is very easy to do. Put them approximately where you thing they may go, put a tire on the machine, lift the tire slightly and slide the block into position and snug the wing-nut. No need to crank it down as it just supports the wheel. Storage space is another benefit of the Tire Stripper. The whole package will store into a 12" x 12" x 44" space, and that includes the vehicle mount bar.

More info as I lean it. :)

Bike
GL1800 2015
Lookie what I got!!!
After throwing My Mojo bar across the basement several times,trying to change a GW tire ...:mad::box1:
I got my boss to ask his buddy to see if he could make me this bar without paying $150 for it....
I had him make it WHOPPING 50" long!!!
OK...a bit overkill..but after that last experience...I wanted overkill!
I just need to figure out how to put plastic ends on it!
any suggestions!?....

Can't wait to try out!
Mojo bar will probably be for sale - $50 shipped if anybody interested....
(but won't sell it till I'm absolutley sure it's usless to me! (about 3 months!)

I happened to run across this post today and decided to reply with my experience. I have owned an HF tire changer that I modified extensively along with a Mojo bar, I have used a NoMar to change GoldWing tires and I tried a Tire Stripper at the manufacturers house on a rear GoldWing tire. I immediately bought the Tire Stripper and am very satisfied. I can do a GoldWing rear tire with no irons. I was never happy with the Mojo bar. The HF tire changer required a lot of work. I had to make a new bead breaker and completely redo the clamps. NoMar recommends not using their bar on GoldWing tires but use their tire irons instead. Today I will be changing a tire on my BMW and actually look forward to the experience instead of dreading it. Now the bad news, Tire Stripper is currently not selling their tire changer. :confused:
Jack Danenberg
STOC #688

Top Bottom