• Start with a City beginning with A
    • This is BY STATE
    • Similar to the Tag contest, there will be one thread per state
    • Post a picture of your bike AND some sign, building etc which clearly shows the city/state you're in
    • The next person posts from a city with the name beginning with B, then C, D, etc
    • You can't posts back-to-back pics, you have to wait for a person to post the next city
    • Once Z is reached, the game starts over with A
    • If your state doesn't have a city beginning with the next letter in sequence, it's okay to skip that letter
    • If the location sits for more than one month, the person that posted that is open to move it to the next letter.

The World Wide game is a bit different as it is by whatever is considered a geographic type of regional category, state/province/village etc. and all those will be in the single World Wide A-Z topic.

TN: A to Z (Round 5)

Bike
Scrambler Ducati
(A)burntown Another Round

Auburntown, located in Cannon County, Tennessee, is a charming town with a rich history. Here are some key details:
Auburntown’s small-town charm, nestled among the trees, makes it a delightful place to call home. If you ever visit, take a stroll through its historic streets and enjoy the tranquil beauty of this Tennessee gem!

20240314_142415[1].jpg

Bike
Yamaha Tracer 900 GT
(A)burntown Another Round

Auburntown, located in Cannon County, Tennessee, is a charming town with a rich history. Here are some key details:
Auburntown’s small-town charm, nestled among the trees, makes it a delightful place to call home. If you ever visit, take a stroll through its historic streets and enjoy the tranquil beauty of this Tennessee gem!

20240314_142415[1].jpg
That's one slick looking Ducati! I've got a 2019 Triumph Scramber 1200 XE that i've converted into a KLR 1200. Turnded out to be a great touring bike as well. Keep the post coming guys!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Belvidere for the B -

Belvidere For B.jpg

History Of Belvidere

Belvidere is an unincorporated community in Franklin County, Tennessee, United States.
Belvidere is a name of Italian origin meaning "beautiful sight".
A post office has been in operation in Belvidere since 1870

Nearby is the homestead, Kentuck, which David Crockett occupied and named in 1812.
It is now marked by a well standing in a field 3-1/2 miles south and to the east of this road.
His first wife and their children settled on the homestead a few miles east about 1813.
She died in 1815, following her husband's return from the Creek War.
She is buried in an old cemetery overlooking Bean's Creek, about five miles southeast.

In 1816 he married Elizabeth Patton, a widow, and, late in 1817, moved to Lawrence County.

Bike
Scrambler Ducati

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Decherd For The D -

Decherd For D.jpg

History -

Peter Decherd came to the area in 1831 from Franklin County, Virginia and set up a plantation in Winchester TN.
It came to be known as Hundred Oaks.
In the 1850s he granted right-of-way to the Nashville and Chattanooga Railroad from property he owned.

On February 14, 1856, the thirty-first General Assembly of the state of Tennessee incorporated the town of Decherd.
It was done so with all the rights and privileges as the town of Cookeville, which was also incorporated at that time.

After the Civil War, Decherd was again incorporated as a town on January 30, 1868.
It was unincorporated in 1885 to avoid application of the "Four Mile Law".
The "Four Mile Law" permitted liquor sales within four miles of schools located in incorporated communities.
The town was chartered once again by the General Assembly on April 22, 1901.

Decherd is home to a large automobile engine assembly plant owned by Nissan.
Nissan Powertrain Assembly Plant at Decherd launched in 1997 and now produces 1.4 million engines a year.
They are for many Nissan cars, SUVs, and trucks, alongside powertrains for the all-electric Nissan Leaf.
The Nissan Powertrain Plant employs over 1,600 employees.

In 2014 a second plant on the same property was launched to produce engines for Infiniti and Daimler.

SmashVol

Site Supporter
Bike
2015 FJR1300 ES
Forgot about it as I was trying to find something with the Enigma name on it and everything around there, including the bridge, is gone LOL. Did get an F one. Must have rode by Elmwood, because I was headed Granville and made a right turn before doing that and ended up in Demo's in Lebanon. Food got on my mind!

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Forgot about it as I was trying to find something with the Enigma name on it and everything around there, including the bridge, is gone LOL. Did get an F one. Must have rode by Elmwood, because I was headed Granville and made a right turn before doing that and ended up in Demo's in Lebanon. Food got on my mind!
Yeppers, it's about half way between Carthage and Chestnut Mount and the post office is right on 70N.
About 25 miles east of Cookeville - a lunch break run for you! ;)

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
You've got to save the 'F' for the next 'round' as you can't post the next consecutive letter yourself until 30 days has passed.
Or someone else posts a 'F' then you can post the 'G'.
I did the same thing before I was 'told'. :biggrin:

Bike
Scrambler Ducati
(F)rankewing

Frankewing is an unincorporated community located in Giles County, Tennessee, United States. Here are some key details about Frankewing:
20240329_134113[1].jpg

Top Bottom