Took five months for the ST

WilliGoat

Be willing to make decisions.
Bike
2011 C14
STOC #
I have set a personal record for time riding a given bike and dropping it. When doing my U-turn for my parking space this morning with not quite enough speed and not quite far enough over on the seat I lost it. Luckily I was able to get my foot down and ease it onto the side. Only slightly scuffed the cover on the wing and it was early enough not to be seen by anyone.

It did give me the opportunity to try out the method I read about picking one up and it worked out very well. I was starting to feel like an outcast since I was still showing 0 drops, knowing well that it was only a matter of when.

Pizzmeister

Born-Again Newbie
Bike
Honda ST1100
STOC #
Glad you got it back up. When I eased mine down in the garage (a few days after buying it), I couldn't lift it myself to save my life. I looked up every hint I could find online, and still didn't have the strength.

I had to wait until my wife and kids got home, and I had the kids help. No problem with 4 of us lifting at the same time! :) I doubt I'll have that out on the road, if it ever happens there.

Bike
'19 Kawasaki Z900
STOC #
So many share this same, "how did I manage to do this", but not everyone is willing to admit it.

Very happy to hear you got it up.

I was going into a parking spot with 3 sets of new brake pads I had just installed at a slow speed. When I went to apply the brakes the bike came to a dead stop mid turn and down she went. I did jump off and helped her down softly. Oops.. Now I know how nice new brakes are.

Getting our bikes back up is no easy task. I tested the titanium joint in my back that day..

Remember the saying is not "if" but "when" you are going to crash/drop your bike. Let's hope they are all this painless.....

Eric

Follow

TEAM COLORADO
Bike
Two wheels
STOC #
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sP3cqKbOEs&feature=related
here is one on how to pick up a bike, I used this technique when I dropped bike.
FYI, I am only 5'3".

OP
OP
WilliGoat

WilliGoat

Bike
2011 C14
STOC #
I did the turn the handlebars toward the ground, they were already there pretty much, squat, grab the lower grip and passenger hand hold and walked it back up. Worked like a charm.

Glad you got it back up. When I eased mine down in the garage (a few days after buying it), I couldn't lift it myself to save my life. I looked up every hint I could find online, and still didn't have the strength.

I had to wait until my wife and kids got home, and I had the kids help. No problem with 4 of us lifting at the same time! :) I doubt I'll have that out on the road, if it ever happens there.

OP
OP
WilliGoat

WilliGoat

Bike
2011 C14
STOC #
Looks like I jinxed Ms. Goat. We were out riding today, got back to the neighborhood, rolled to a stop sign and down they went, her and the bike. She was geared up and was laughing on the way down and as she popped back up. I did find out the force is with me, since she is telling everyone I pushed her over, leaving out the small detail of the 20 foot distance between us.

Well, you'll have that... So now you know, what it feels like to drop it,how to control the drop, and that the tipover wings work great.:D If you don't have scuffs you ain't riddin much.:D:p:;):03biker: Oh yes I almost forgot,you also know you can pick it up by yourself. Many riders go a long time unsure of that. Well done!!!!

Top Bottom