Top Box Arts and Crafts

Willsmotorcycle

Ride more...
Site Supporter
Bike
2016 ST1300P
2024 Miles
I've taken a GIVI Maxia 3, Plastic dipped, added Admore Lights and a courtesy light inside. Portions of this modification were in part underwritten by @Mellow, with technical consulting supplied by @STRider, huge thanks to both of you! There is a second part that is awaiting parts for completion.

Having seen someone here color match the white bike with plastic dip, I decided to try it.
IMG_2997.jpeg

Having nursery school skill sets with stickers and spray paint, I figured this was the easy way to start over if needed. At some points I did feel as if I was using popsicle sticks and glitter.

They recommend priming with gray if painting white over black. Sadly the gray had a faulty nozzle and I proceeded with just the white. The company was aware of the issue and when I reached out to replace the gray with a second white( it did not cover in one can), They happily sent me one of each for free.

IMG_2999.jpeg

Adding the lights also proved challenging as I was carefully trying to snap them in with out bending the strip to no avail. An Email later to Admore and I was assured they are flexible. They are, and needed some convincing to stay put, hot glue to the rescue.

IMG_3127.jpeg

The reflector on the "sunny side" was clear so I grabbed a sheet of shiny paper and cut a new one.
IMG_3129.jpeg

IMG_3176.jpeg

Excited, but anxious about the final connections, I waited until my head was right, and played with the interior light, it was to be battery with an auto switch under the document box. I had tried to use a double 2032 battery, nope. So I went with a standard 9v. I stress tested it for 24 hours and of course it died. I did figure that was plenty for an average tour, but I knew I could do better. Rechargeable lithium 9v with a reed switch and here we go... nope, the reed switch was very temperamental and this wasn't going to work on the bike. The good news is the 9v is still running that light for 96 plus hours.

IMG_3158.jpeg

Just jump in!!
IMG_3178.jpeg

Already having installed a LIN3 and tag plate lights, its a little tight under there (behind the taillight), I made it work.

Ultimately the best interior light seems to be a cheap headlamp and some Scotch lock.:rolleyes:

IMG_3159.jpeg

Top Bottom