Top Sellerie? Any experience with their products?

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Top Sellerie is certainly made a presence with their seats on ebay.

Does anyone have experience with their products? I'm particularly interested in the tank covers. Anyone here have one?

I've had a full Targa tank cover on my 1100 since it was in diapers.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Top Sellerie is certainly made a presence with their seats on ebay.

Does anyone have experience with their products? I'm particularly interested in the tank covers. Anyone here have one?

I've had a full Targa tank cover on my 1100 since it was in diapers.
Our stock seat still looks great but the foam is cracking, last ride was uncomfortable after an hour....world of difference since we got the 1991 eight years back. Thinking of selling the bike soon but likely I will toy with that decision for some time. Don't want to invest as much as a new Corbin or Sargent would cost. Local seat shops have hit 'n miss reviews.
I noticed the Top Sellerie in a few comments here and saw they were still available thru Ebay. Anyone had one for a while? Comments?
or...should I just shop around for a later stock seat but that seems kind of iffy.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Our stock seat still looks great but the foam is cracking, last ride was uncomfortable after an hour....Don't want to invest as much....
Since you restore old bike, why not try your hand at making a new seat. You probably have the skills if not the experience. Sculpting the foam can be done with a right angle grinder and coarse sanding disk. (Someone mentioned that here.) Sewing a new vinyl cover should not be that hard if you have the original - you can cut the stitching carefully and you have the old as a pattern.

OP
OP
STRider

STRider

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300A
STOC #
Since you restore old bike, why not try your hand at making a new seat. You probably have the skills if not the experience. Sculpting the foam can be done with a right angle grinder and coarse sanding disk. (Someone mentioned that here.) Sewing a new vinyl cover should not be that hard if you have the original - you can cut the stitching carefully and you have the old as a pattern.
And an electric carving knife.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
Interesting thought!
I have welded, wrenched, ground on, wired, polished and painted bikes since the early '60's, but always had someone nearby who was excellent at seats. All retired now.

Bike
2010 ST1300
That, I've done before. New cusions for the dining room chairs.
Ok, if you can carve a turkey, then a hunk of foam is child's play. Seriously, carving the shape and using a grinder to smooth it out should not tax your skills. Having done a fair bit of sewing, the learning curve is not steep, and the materials are relatively inexpensive (stay away from leather). I would not try to make a cover like an RDL, but a simpler form should not be difficult.

Top Bottom