NEWS Touring Tracker

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
For those that didn't see a previous post, I now have a touring tracker.

Somewhat similar to the mileage tracker, this is only for the current year and it's for any bike-trips you've taken that are at least 2 days long. A 1 day ride to an RTE is not considered touring. However, if it took you 2 days then that does count. I have a separate tracker for Nights in a Tent as well so this Touring Tracker will cover those multi-day trips no matter if you use a Tent or Hotel for your accommodations.

https://www.st-owners.com/forums/pages/Tour_Tracker/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
So, the Touring Tracker number will always be equal to or greater than the Nights in a Tent number.
well, always greater.. never equal... you gotta ride somewhere to camp.. then ride back.. so, at minimum ride-camp-ride... 2days touring 1 night in a tent.

Bike
2010 ST1300
Loophole: If you ride to a coronavirus infected country, and get quarantined in a tent, your days in the tent might exceed your days on the road (but not traveling). Or is the number of days of the trip what is logged in the Touring Tracker regardless of what you do on your trip? If you ride to the Fla Keys, rent a sailboat and go sailing for a week (living aboard) how many days are logged? Days on the road or days for the whole vacation?

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Loophole: If you ride to a coronavirus infected country, and get quarantined in a tent, your days in the tent might exceed your days on the road (but not traveling). Or is the number of days of the trip what is logged in the Touring Tracker regardless of what you do on your trip? If you ride to the Fla Keys, rent a sailboat and go sailing for a week (living aboard) how many days are logged? Days on the road or days for the whole vacation?
Banned!

Bike
2002 ST1300A
STOC #
well, always greater.. never equal... you gotta ride somewhere to camp.. then ride back.. so, at minimum ride-camp-ride... 2days touring 1 night in a tent.
What if I ride, camp out, ride home, then pitch the tent in the back garden (primarily because the wife isn't happy she couldn't come on night #1)?

Surely, 2 for 2?

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
There’s always someone over complicating things. All Mellow wanted to do was to provide another way of tracking our fun and SMSW and Andrew turned it into an accounting course.

Joe, here’s a thought. Ban EVERYONE and close the site. Then start a new site and only allow people in who won’t overly complicate things. Ask for DNA swabs. Anyone with an accounting degree or one in any discipline involving physics? BANNED!

Want to discuss different methods to synch your carbs? BANNED! Overly complicated issues with your bike? BANNED!

Crap... I’m banned...

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
...... Andrew turned it into an accounting course.
The only reason that I asked is because if all of the participants are entering data designed to track a common activity in a way that is not common, do the results carry the same significance?
No other motivation than to ask what method is to be used so it is equitable for all participants including those who take pride in being at the top of such lists.

It didn't occur to me that it was complicated when I asked it. I certainly had no desire or intent of ruining anyone's fun with a minor question but if that was the result it was an unintentional consequence. To correct that I will see if the system will let me delete the question.

Last edited:

Andrew Shadow

Site Supporter
Bike
2009 ST1300A9
Not at all, All good. No apology needed.

Already done. The delete capability is functional. It seems that the the question was of no interest to others anyway.
If winter ever gives up I will track what I think qualifies as motorcycle touring days.

Last edited:
I just read some of the banter over the technical aspect of logging time in a tent.........I'm still laughing at SMSW's response over the Covid thing and Ggely's tongue in cheek "ban" comments. Thanks for keeping it light and making us all laugh. You guys are a hoot!
When this first work from home thing happened I figured I might have few 1/2 days to sneak out on the ST but the weather in Upstate NY just won't cooperate. When the sun does appear for a few hours I'm stuck on conference calls. I can't wait to get back to normal.

GGely

Site Supporter
Bike
2001 ST1100 Non ABS
STOC #
I’m living that life, jspano01. I’m in the collaboration business, as in Cisco, Microsoft, Zoom etc. And it seems every time I’m in a call it’s sunny and warm and beautiful out.

As soon as I get out of the office, bam! Overcast, cold and, what? We’re getting FLURRIES tomorrow? Aargh!

I’m living that life, jspano01. I’m in the collaboration business, as in Cisco, Microsoft, Zoom etc. And it seems every time I’m in a call it’s sunny and warm and beautiful out.

As soon as I get out of the office, bam! Overcast, cold and, what? We’re getting FLURRIES tomorrow? Aargh!
I can appreciate the weather not cooperating especially this year. Got lucky yesterday blue sky no wind and 40 degree weather, managed to sneek in an 80 mile ride with all my heated gear on.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Spent over 35 nights in a tent so far this year. 4 Winds BMW Rally Fairmont City Pa, BMW Sipapu NM, ArkanSToc and BMWRA National will be adding another 15 nights or so in the next month but who's counting? (not me, and I don't want my wife to either ;))

Tom

Top Bottom