NEWS Touring Tracker

TPadden

Tom Padden
Tom,
What tent do you use and why?
Thanks
The only answer I can give is another question: When? I have at least 5 tents I'm currently using. Depending on the trip length and forecast weather. The five are 1; Sierra Designs Clearwing 2, 2: Sierra Designs Tensegrity 2 3: Kelty Horizon 2 4: Black Diamond Hilight 2P and 5: Mellow wants to be me so badly he bought both a motorcycle (BMW1250RT) and tent (Nemo Switch 2) to match mine ! :rofl1:

Tom

Last edited:

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
The only answer I can give is another question: When? I have at least 5 tents I'm currently using. Depending on the trip length and forecast weather. The five are 1; Sierra Designs Clearwing 2, 2: Sierra Designs Tensegrity 2 3: Kelty Horizon 2 4: Black Diamond Hilight 2P and 5: Mellow wants to be me so badly he bought both a motorcycle (BMW1250RT) and tent (Nemo Switch 2) to match mine ! :rofl1:

Tom
Ok! But if you could only have one, which would it be. I do not have one and am looking at getting just one and give this motocamping a try.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Ok! But if you could only have one, which would it be. I do not have one and am looking at getting just one and give this motocamping a try.
The one Mellow and I have will probably end up my favorite: The Nemo Switch 2 is well built (a little too heavy and not compact enough for backpacking), very roomy, plenty of ventilation and headroom, door can be used as an awning, should be good for hot weather, and easy to setup. I haven't used it enough yet to say for sure but it's in the top 2.

If the Nemo ends up in second place the Sierra Designs Clearwing 2 would be the first place one as it's quicker in set up, has a smaller footprint and packs up smaller.

Tom

Tankereng

Site Supporter
Bike
2018 Goldwing
STOC #
Aww.. I got excited for a second...lol

I just rode from Colorado to Miami over 4 days and then an overnight trip Miami to Daytona... but zero night in a Tent so far... :(

Guess I have a new goal ;)

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Touring tracker for any touring, the tent tracker is for camping.

TPadden

Tom Padden
Touring tracker for any touring, the tent tracker is for camping.
I can't believe you let me get away with using your picture of the NemoSabe from NatSToc, while saying you were copying me...I still think it will be a winner :thumb:.

Tom

OP
OP
Mellow

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I can't believe you let me get away with using your picture of the NemoSabe from NatSToc, while saying you were copying me...I still think it will be a winner :thumb:.

Tom
I can't avoid the obvious... I want to be Tom... I think many here do, but are just too afraid to admit it for fear of being cancelled. :D

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles

Tom

Which one is bear proof for our next trip to Alaska?

Bike
2009 ST1300
I don't get the funny part and I'd probably laugh if my sister's ... well, we got so many people here on the lower mainland nodding off and dying pretty much like that, six a day now, in fact, I've seen it, just like that, from fentanyl, it's really no joke, most of our out west contemporaries have known three or four of their friends that just aren't around anymore. Real people.

Top Bottom