TPMS Leak?

Bike
'07 ST1300
STOC #
I've recently developed a slow leak in my front PR2. No sign of a puncture. The tire and Kisan TPMS were installed about 16 months ago and I did lube the O-ring. I suspect that the leak may be from around the valve stem, or the O-ring seal. Anybody have a similar experience? BTW, this TPMS has been great.
Thanks Guys . . .

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Have you sprayed soapy water around the valve stem looking for bubbles?

tonythecarguy

err... motorcycleguy
Site Supporter
Bike
2006 ST1300A
I had the Kisan TPMS on my Shadow for about a month. I could never get them to stop leaking. As far as I could tell they where leaking around the o-ring. Joe's suggestion will make it pretty clear if you are having the same issue as I was. I removed the system and gave up. I've purchased a Orange TPMS M202 that I will be trying with the next set of tires on the ST.

Bike
ST1100 & ST1300
STOC #
No leaks here from my Kisan. I did notice that the valve stem core has to be installed really far for it to seal. The problem with this is that my nice digital tire gauge can't get a reading with these stems when I do a periodic spot check on the pressure. Though with the monitors set up this isn't a big deal and I have another gauge that works.

I would use the soap issue but another source may be the cores.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

Bike
2016 Versys 1000
STOC #
I had a sensor that had poor machining for the valve core, and it would strip off the gasket when I removed the core. Installing a new core meant there were two gaskets in there and it sealed. Of course, I didn't realize that at the time, but it didn't leak after that. When I finally saw what happened I removed the original gasket with a small wire hook and I must have scratched the sealing surface so it wouldn't seal.... Kisan sent me a new kit, but I had so many other issues with inaccuracy despite all efforts to adjust air gaps, etc. I finally gave up and bought the Doran...... spare parts available if you want them.

Top Bottom