Tragic loss of ST rider-Bill Galarneau

Bike
93 Concours
I am not a ST rider, however an extremely great guy and very good friend was. He also was a member of your site and talked highly of your community. It is with great sadness that I inform you all that Bill Galarneau was killed last night in a motorcylce accident on his way home from work. I do not have details as of yet, but the location was the intersection of Ft. Tejon Rd and California SR138.
Bill was a air traffic controller at Los Angeles Air Route Control Center (ZLA) in Palmdale. Memory fails me at this time as to his username, but his Silver ST and all the aftermarket gear could not be mistaken. He frequently participated in tech days with you all and like I said he was always showing us at work, bikes for sale and cool videos that were posted from this site.
He will be greatly missed by many, many folks.

Edited by Mellow - From Capt_Gruuvy:
This picture was taken last year at "ValvSTOC". This year that event became GruuvySTOC.

A big portion of the success of GruuvySTOC came from this man here:

This is Bill (SVL-1300) at his best. Not only did he bring the meat, he prepared it.

He was always there with the wrench, socket, flashlight or whatever.

When you think of Bill you don't remember what you did for him ... you remember what he did for you.

"He prepares a table for me in the presence of my enemies" .... made even better now because Meat Master Bill is at the grill.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
Re: Tragic loss of ST rider

His username is Svl-1300.

Thanks for letting us know and prayers go out to you and his family/friends.

Let us know if you need anything from us.

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #

Oh my god...Has anyone called Mary?

I don't have their contact info...

<D>

Klackey

Kevin
Bike
2005 ST 1300

Very sorry to hear this..... thoughts and prayers to all family and friends.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #

Unbelieveable!!! He just posted on the SoCal tag last night. My condolences to his family and friends.

OP
OP
Bike
93 Concours

Mary had been notified.
The accident was at 9:40 last night on his way home after work. Mary called us at work a little after 10:00 to let us know that CHP had notified her of the accident and that they were awaiting an airlift. She subsequently received a call back from CHP saying that Bill was talking, but that was the last we heard until early this morning.

dmulk

Dan Mulkiewicz
STOC #

Bill was a big CreSTOC supporter and they were planning to attend again this year. I'm in shock.

ZLamemory: Thank you very much for taking the time to post about this. Bill was a great person and I am going to miss him very much. When I first met him last year, he struck me as an extremely kind and caring person.

I'm in shock...:(:(:(

<D>

Bike
None
STOC #

Unbelievable!:(

Though I never met Bill, this is tragic. God Speed and may God bless him, his family and the friends that new him! My deepest sympathy to all who knew him (here or elsewhere)!

Tom B.

Bike
st1300

so sad to here news like this
my condolences to his family
looked like a sound bloke
xx

Last edited:
Bike
ST 1300
STOC #

Thoughts and Prayers to family and to those that knew him. Life is short, and take nothing for granted.

Capt_Gruuvy

Stay-at-Home Astronaut
STOC #

I spoke with Mary this morning. She is very shaken and obviously still in shock.

She has family coming in from all over and will let me know the details of the Service for Bill.

Bill had tried to get off work yesterday to join me on the Ridgecrest ride but didn't get the time off. I wish that he had.

This is a very tragic loss. Bill was great people and he will be sorely missed.

Mary said that Bill was always happiest when he was riding. He loved his bikes and he and Mary were planning on a new Gold Wing soon.

I will let you know what I know as I am made aware of information. Please keep Mary and their family in your prayers.

We will miss Bill. Maybe God needs someone new to work the Bar-B-Q ....

SupraSabre

48 Years of SoCal Lane Splitting/Commuting-Retired
Site Supporter
Bike
12/04 ST 1300s
2024 Miles
STOC #

I'm really sadden by this news and it's really hard to hear that another motorcyclist has been killed. It is even harder to hear that one of our own was.

My thoughts and prayers go to Mary and her family & friends. And to our own that knew him!

Deleted member 5682

May the Lord's comforting Presence, lovingkindess, and peace bring consolation and healing to this family in the hour of sorrow and loss. Many prayers for their will being. Rest in Peace, our brother.

Top Bottom