trailer hitches for trailer. Mostly camping

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
I was looking at getting a trailer hitch for the St and I'm looking hard at the Uni-Go trailer down the road as a good match for the ST .
I have a used motorcycle cargo trailer for short time till funds allow the Uni-Go to replace it .
Also if I use the trailer enough to warrent spending the dough for a uni-go trailer as they are not cheap.
I wanted you opinion on the hitch and the Trailer .
Also I remember someone had posted something about the converter for the uni-go hitch to a ball mount was not very hard to dupilcate.
Any advice you would pass on ?
Pictures ?
I have done some search but would like new ideas and those that have the a hitch on their ST .
The uni-Go is pretty much the trailer I have decided on at this time just looking more for hitch info .
Has antyone pulled a Uni-Go trailer with a hitch from someone else ?.
I know some of you run the uni-go and did you get the wire harness from them as well

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Mike, I answered most of this in my PM to you, but will answer it for the forum here as well.
First the Unigo hitch is a very high quality hitch. Every bit as good as Bushtec's hitch for the Gold Wing.
The Unigo trailer comes with a connector that you have to wire up to the existing wireing on the bike. Not hard to do, but because I have two other trailers I pull, I opted to go with my handy dandy Tractor Supply pig tails. That way I can pull the Unigo with the Wing or the ST and the other trailers as well.

The ball adaptor for the Unigo hitch can be made very easily by anyone with a drill press and a bit big enough to make the hole for the 1 7/8" ball shank. It is just a piece of 1/4-1/2" X 2 1/4" bar stock bent at a 90 Degree angle. Four holes are drilled to mount it to the Unigo hitch. The adaptor really needs to be at least 3" longer where the four holes are, in order for the tongue of the trailer to be parallel with the ground.

Attachments

OP
OP
Imrubicon

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
Thanks Mac . another question

understood I need a hitch to start with and the Uni-go hitch will need a adapter to run a ball mount for the trailer I have .
I have heard nothing but praise for the uni-go hitch and the only thing I'm not sure of is the wiring for the trailer as in
Did you use the wireing harrness from Uni-go , make your own or did you find another source ?
Anyone else please Chime in also ?

Thanks Mike

OP
OP
Imrubicon

Imrubicon

Wannabe Squid
STOC #
Also I have ABS and have heard or read that just splicing in wires adds problems so trying not to messing up the ABS braking as I might need that some day ?:eek: Though I hope not

Top Bottom