Trailer Trash or Trashing the Trailer: That is the Question

Fortunet 1

Fortunet1
Bike
06 ST 1300
This thread is really fun ! I am 60 now, and the comforts listed for tent VS trailers are well worth discussing. I have taken the old duffle bag, that my son and I used for dirt bike gear,
and slide my 7x7 tent, collapsing chair, and my floor insulation into it. That gets strapped sideways across the passenger area on the seat. Its shaped somewhat triangular. My clothing duffle bag sets on the flatbed, out back....(see my photos)..and is held down by a stretch net. A small feather blanket compress's nicely under the duffle out back. Between these 2
bags, my sleeping bag is nestled. The big duffle (tent,chair,etc), and the sleeping bag, are tied tightly to the passanger grab rails with a big soft cotton rope. This leaves me the option of adding things to the stretch netted duffle out back. This past week, while camping/traveling, I was able to transport a rolled up paper poster/photo, woven through the net, just in back of the big duffle and the bag. Ive even folded my high vis Olympia jacket and it fit under the net. This frees up one side case for food and some ice, while the other keeps
my two comfort pillows. My floor insulation came as a quirk one day. While out riding there was a roll of silvery reflective/spacey looking stuff on the side of the country road. It had just fallen off someones truck, because the inner tube was still there. Sandwiched between the shiney smooth plastic surfaces.(both sides) was a thin bubble layer. I used 2" wide clear tape to join three shots together, the length of the tent, ...and tried it in the tent. It keeps ground temps from reaching my air mattress (also stored in the big duffle)...and makes for a slick clean surface to spread the diddy bag contents on at night. (no sweeping the tent bottom) My comfort zone is boosted by that floor insulation. I believe it is the latest high tec material for wrapping
heating ducts, etc. It has ASTM rating numbers on it. VERY light weight !

Top Bottom