Trump wins a new Honda motorcycle!

Well that's what I thought when the local Honda dealer pick up truck in blazing with the dealerships name and towing a trailer pulled up in front of my house! I thought “oh my God I must've won a contest and they are deliver ing me a brand new motorcycle!“

Nope it was my neighbor down the street who had ordered a Grom And was having it delivered! I bought a Grom myself a couple of years ago, But the suspension was way to stiff for my back and I had to sell it.

Any Grom fans out there? :confused:

rjs987

Robert
Site Supporter
Bike
2022 Kymco AK 550
2024 Miles
STOC #
I would think they could just throw one of those in the back of a hatch back car to deliver, or at most a pickup truck. I guess the distance between the house and the dealer was too far to ride on one of those???

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
heck, they could probably deliver a Grom with a Grom.

OP
OP
The buyer was a first time rider and the road between my street and the dealer is either congested city streets and an interstate road or both. I doubt the buyer had his license. I think he was wise to elect delivery! I now have a new rider to mentor! :)

I expect I will get some Grom time too. :bow1:

Bike
2010 ST-1300
I had a student bring his to take the BRC1 a couple of years ago. I drove it around the course a bit but didn't really like it. I think the Suzuki TU 250 is a much better bike. Probably cheaper to.

Last edited:

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Bummer on not being awarded a new motorcycle! (and the payments)

I just saw a teen in helmet riding a new yellow Grom through my neighborhood last night--first one I've seen other than pictures online. It reminded me of the late 1960's Honda MiniTrail Z50 that was the first bike I rode solo.
:yes:

JohnK

Site Supporter
Bike
2012 ST1300a
STOC #
Just got back from China and Thailand. In Bangkok 1 out of every 4 bikes were groms or some version. Many were tweeked with loud exhausts but obvious popular there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bike
2001 ST1100
I'm a Grom fan, started riding last year, bought one new off the showroom floor, 0KM.
I dont know about the 1st gen, but, for suspension being too stiff, I know the 2nd gen ('16+) it is too soft, I am a big guy, 225LB & 6'4", so not it's intended target, but, I find it a fun little beast, I can toss it around, be a goof, and I'm not doing breakneck speeds.
Although mine is highly modified from stock, I was getting 120mpg new, now, I'm in the 80's, but, its now a 170CC :p

Top Bottom