UK ST1300 parts

Hi
I am sorting out a water leak on my ST1300 and what to know where is the best place to get parts, don’t want to pay main dealer prices..

Radiator hoses, gaskets, waterpump seals etc.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
In the Uk, all places that sell Honda parts are tied in to Hondas price list. All suppliers quote the same prices, give or take a few pence.

Dealers also quote the same price, but often, since they are getting deliveries every day from their suppliers, they don't charge postage and packing.

Fowlers is one of the biggest suppliers in the Uk, very fast, but you have to pay postage.

David Silver Spares list items that they consider to be good substitutes alongside their honda parts.

After that it is down to making your own from standard tube, gasket material, seals .... I wouldn't know where to start.

Bike
VStrom 650
Boudica,
Welcome from Northumberland.
Like Heathy says the dealers have it pretty sewn up, but I think Silvers used to promise 10% off list. But postage will probably take it back where it started.
You may be able to source some NOS on ebay if you're patient. Stuff does come up every now and then.
Good luck.
Upt.

OP
OP
Thanks guys, I see the water pump seal (19217MAL300) is 67 quid on Fowlers and 23 quid on ebay. I don't want to fit an inferior one , as it's quite a lot of work to get it all back together. So just have to pay the price... I was only getting the bike ready for it's MOT and noticed a water leak

Bike
Honda ST1300 Pan-Eur
Thanks guys, I see the water pump seal (19217MAL300) is 67 quid on Fowlers and 23 quid on ebay. I don't want to fit an inferior one , as it's quite a lot of work to get it all back together. So just have to pay the price... I was only getting the bike ready for it's MOT and noticed a water leak
Are you sure it is the water pump seal at fault? It is common for water leaks on these bikes to originate from other places, e.g hose clamps. Plenty of info on here. Good luck.

jfheath

John Heath
Site Supporter
Bike
2013 ST1300 A9
2024 Miles
STOC #
Like Heathy says the dealers have it pretty sewn up,
It's not the dealers, Ray, it is Honda protecting their trade mark. Honda raised an issue with DS concerning the sale of parts under the Honda trade marks name, without Honda's permission. Link

Subsequently, I think that DS were only allowed to offer for sale Honda parts for models which were older than 10 years. But since then I have never noticed a significant discount on prices. Some time later, DS opened up a store in USA. It's not easy to compare sites because some include VAT, some do not. Some include P&P, some do not.

Nevertheless - DS are an extremely knowledgable about all things Honda and they are always worth contacting if you have a query about a particular part for a particular model. It was DS that were able to guide me when I bought a replacement radiator for my A9. They needed the VIN. They must have 'heard' my eyebrows being raised over the phone because they continued - 'the radiator model changed part way through the production run. Your bike has the later version.' Which was great - it was £100 cheaper. I wondered what else had changed. Everything that the radiator bolted to had the same part number throughout the years. Except one component. The radiator cap.

Ever since, before ordering a part, I always check the fiche for the model before mine (its an A9) and the model after (AE in the UK) to see if there is a difference.

Top Bottom