Uncle Phil's 2012 Alaska Adventure

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, July 5th I'm headed for Alaska once again. SweetTreat is the ride of choice as she has never been there (RedBird got to make the trip in 2004 - http://www.unclephil.us/Alaska2004Home.htm). I'll be covering around 9,000 miles in 19 days and get to do several personal 'firsts'. Using a BT020 Bias BMW rear tire to see how it does on a long road trip and what mileage I will get (been testing one on Redbird and it still looks good after 6,000+ miles). First long trip with the new PeakLife GPS to see if it can hold up to life on the road and just how useful and accurate it proves to be. First long trip since I've had both knees replaced so I'll see how they react. No Artic Circle on this run, just all the way to Denali and back. I'm really looking forward to the road between Haines Junction and Haines and the ferry across to Skagway. I'll be in Banff for a couple of days and Hyder for a couple of days. So this should be a little more 'leisurely' pace once I get into Canada (first trip to Hyder I averaged 780 miles a day for 5 days). Hope to see some of you on the road, if not on this trip, maybe the next one!

Happy trails!!! I hope the clouds are few, the breeze is cool and gentle, the Rubber side stays on the bottom and the hide arrives home un-altered!!! Be carefull, enjoy yourself and Please............Take and post lots of pictures!

Sent from my SGH-T589 using Tapatalk

Have a great and safe trip UP. I look forward to hearing about this one this fall.

Last edited:
Have a great and safe trip UP! Looking forward to the photo documentation and the stories of the adventures encountered along the way! Take good care my friend.

Enjoy the road and be safe UP. I hope your new knees fair well.

I'm jealous. Be safe. Take photos and good notes. We all expect a great trip report upon your return.

Posted using Tapatalk

Ashley

Sounds like this will be an awesome trip! I hope all works out for the good!

I'll be ready for story-tellin at the BRG....

Great timing Phil. With the mid-west temps hitting 100+, Alaska is going to feel mighty fine.

Hope the knees feel fine too.

Way to go Phil!! Keep us posted and enjoy the trip!! I am looking to doing that someday in the future, would love to hear all about it! Ride Safe!

Dang, Phil why don't you put it off a week and stop by NATStoc on the way to the 49th state.
:dr11:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom