under seat heat

I saw a video of this guy that did a mod to dissipate the heat. Is there a problem with the heat under the seat, the person I bought the bike from said it gets hot. Did any of you guy's find the seat hot and did you do something about it ?

Bike
2005 st1300
There is a lot of talk about heat on the forums here. Some think it is an issue, others not so much. The best bet is to use the search button at the top of the page and read away. Ride your bike and see what you think. I would do that first and go from there.

Bike
2010 ST1300
If you read enough of the 'hot bike' threads, you will come to the inescapable conclusion that none of the mods can be relied upon to solve the problem. And, as said, the problem is perceived differently by different riders.

My ST was never hot until one long ride at an STOC event on a hot day. There were a lot of twisting roads, I was braking, shifting, and accelerating, after which my bike, like a horse at the end of the Kentucky Derby, was quite hot. Riding for hours on end on the interstate at speeds ranging from 65 to 80 mph on hot days did not overheat my bike.

Bike
91 ST1100/06 ST1300
The only time heat has been an irritant on either the 1100 or 1300 is stop 'n go traffic during the Texas summers. I can usually avoid morning and afternoon rush hours where I spend an unusual amount of time stopped before lights....and not enough 'rush'.

Top Bottom