Unigo is back home

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
I went to Monroe Ohio yesterday to pick up my Unigo after a lot of refurbishment. I probably have more miles on a 6 month old trailer than most people have in years of ownership. While at CampSToc, most folks that looked at it realized some defects were noticable, some of which I freely pointed out. The nuts that held the suspension together were cutting grooves into the body of the trailer, the fender was getting eaten up by the back tire, water was soaking stuff inside the trailer when I encountered rain, and paint was coming off in some areas. When I returned from GA I called the shop and Mark told me to bring it in. After about 10 days Mark called me to ask if I could meet someone somewhere to pick it up and I told him I would come down and pick it up at the shop. When I arrived, the trailer looked like it was brand new again. He replaced the fasteners that were hitting the body, he completely repainted the body after fixing the grooves and sealing the places where water was entering, he replaced the rear tire for a smaller one that wouldn't hit the fender, he replaced the taillight assembly and he replaced the fender. No money exchanged hands and hopefully my Unigo will behave itself now and not eat away at its body or leak during rainy days. Mark really believes in and stands by his product. I guess the big test will be in couple of weeks when I head to FriendSToc in VA. Then on to CA the next week.

ChipSTer

Growing old, but not up!
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
Gotta love service like that!!!! Let us know how the new unigo does... :D I still can't afford one... :( :money1:
:cool:

OP
OP
motomac
Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
My only problem with this whole ordeal, is why did it all happen in the first place, and how many more of them are in the condition mine was in and the owner doesn't know what to do about it?

ChipSTer

Growing old, but not up!
Bike
2004 ST 1300
STOC #
My only problem with this whole ordeal, is why did it all happen in the first place, and how many more of them are in the condition mine was in and the owner doesn't know what to do about it?
Those are the ones I can afford... :D
:cool:

STOC #
I have a friend who took delivery of one last summer. Their packing and shipping methods wound up leaving the unit marked and cracked in one area. Because he didn't want to go through the hassle of shipping it back he accepted a cash settlement. He felt exactly the same way; the service is good but why was the packing so crappy to begin with?

Top Bottom