Unkown pipe and a very small leak

Hello guys

Bikes going well and i make it a piont of checking the bike everyday

Today whilst kicking the ball about with the dog i noticed a small leak that looks like its dried up , i returned yesterday from a 4 hours drive on which the bike ran fine

Looking under there is what looks like a black rubber tube just behind the sidestand and which i can only guess is a over flow pipe as its not capped , the end of the pipe looks a litle oily and made of rubber , the spot on the floor it was dark fluid and smells of a mixture of oil and fuel

The leak really isnt a leak it just shows one spot on the ground but now has dried this must of happened on my return the day before.

few images

photo2.JPGphoto.JPG

ive had a look through the forum but there are so many pipes

marky

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Owners manual might ID each one but there a number of overflow/vent hoses.
iirc fuel over fill dump, evap cannister vent and coolant res overflow.
none are capped they're meant to channel misc goo to the ground.

The coolant res is a pain to see coolant level, if it's over filled it'll burp some coolant as the engine heat accumulates after there's no air flow.
A teaspoon will wet out on the concrete and leave a fairly large spot.

Blrfl

Natural Rider Enhancement
Bike
Fast Blue One
STOC #
I'd have to double check, but I think that one's the fuel drain. Was the tank overfilled recently?

--Mark

OP
OP
Thank you guys.

it may have been heat it's the first time I've seen this and the first time I've had her in the sun.

thanks for the tips , I've been putting off removing the tank anyway as I have vapor problems at 2 bars so I think it's about time I manned up and removed the tank and check a few things out , I like to know how things work and normally get stuck in but she's a bit intimidating.

If you hear a scream tomorrow about 14:00 hours you know it's me dropping something important

:)

John Anthony

Bike
'03 ST1300A
STOC #
... If you hear a scream tomorrow about 14:00 hours you know it's me dropping something important

:)
ST's come fully equipped with a couple of black holes, just about guaranteed to take care of anything important you drop.

John

Bike
st1300 '04
STOC #
Like the two washers under those two tiny bolts that hold the front of the tank down ;)
BTW on mine andsome others, you have to shove the tank forward with a little oomph to get those two bolts to line up and get started in the frame when putting it back down.

Top Bottom