Using Sena & Google Maps

Bike
2004 ST1300
Wondering if anyone has experience with Sena or other BT headsets and using Google Maps as GPS.
The issue I have is that the microphone on the headset doesn't seem to work with voice commands when asking to "navigate to".
It does work correctly with Apple Maps which it loads by default, and Siri commands.
The way I do it is first tap phone button on headset, then say Hey Siri open Google, (launches assistant) then OK Google Navigate to (location). Or I can say Hey Siri Open Google Maps, which it does, then Navigate to (location) but nothing happens.
I have all the appropriate features for Google maps turned on in settings.
All voice commands works well if spoken directly to the phone. I have the latest Google Maps app installed, as well as Goggle Assistant.
Seems like maybe a software comparability issue.
Hope this isn't too confusing.

Bike
2007 ST1300
I have a Sena 10S and a 20EVO. I have used it with Google Maps and I was able to get it to find a gas station once using my voice. Otherwise it has not worked for me.
I was 2 up with my son on the back one day and he was able to get it to "navigate to" our house on about his 10th try.
Both units seem to work well with other phone functions (phone calls, start and stop SXM music...) and they also work with my Sygic app that I normally use for navigation.

I use a 20s and giving it a phone number is an exercise in frustration. It seems to confuse numbers with different numbers that don't even sound the same. Many times I end up yelling at it which of course makes it worse. It is good at receiving calls and intercom though.
In order to reliably make phone calls I pull over and dial it on the phone.
It did not work well when we went to the east coast. ( she refused to ride that far, hence she had AC and windshield wipers) Most of the trip I gave up on it and turned it off to save battery on phone.
I could have researched it more and used it as a intercom on that trip, but figured calling her would work OK so I didn't. Wished I had.
Why oh why is hindsight 20/20 and foresight so out of focus.

Top Bottom