UT: Tag

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Ok Figured I would get Utah started...No clues. This is Hwy 12 just north of Boulder. Figure a shot of Hwy 12 between Boulder and Torrey will work. Enjoy

Attachments

DAS

STOC #
Re: Utah Tag

I didn't ride US 12 but have several other UT sites that may open this up to some takers. I'll bet no one will know where at least one of these photos was taken. Some are easy so someone must have a recent photo of one of these. All these were taken on either July 10, 11 or 14.

How about multiple guess?
1. US 40
2. Bear lake
3. US 191
4. between 150 and 35
5. Arches NP
6. mystery site (I managed construction of this facility in about 1982)

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Re: Utah Tag

Hey Das, I know all the locations..If you drag your mouse across the pictures your name comes up and gives the location. Although "well site" isnt a real good clue...Must have been a nice ride..

DAS

STOC #
Re: UT:Tag

Yep, gota think there will be a ton of photos of STs in front of balanced rock but someone better get US 12 first or Mellow will blow the whistle on 'em. I wonder who will be first to post one. Wish I could join the fun.

Bike
'01 ST1100A

Ok Figured I would get Utah started...No clues. This is Hwy 12 just north of Boulder. Figure a shot of Hwy 12 between Boulder and Torrey will work. Enjoy
Alright Nick, I know it's been a few months since your post, but you'll find 3 pics attached of a ride I took just this past week along US 12 Scenic Byway from Torrey, UT ending up at Duck Creek Resort near Duck Creek Village, UT along US 14 Scenic Byway. US 12 was about a 120 mile ride.

The first pic is me and the STeed about 30 miles outside Torrey, UT just past all the fall colors and heading up, up, up to the first high elevation ridge that has several roadside turnouts for vista views out over the lower canyons.

Second pic is about 20 miles from Torrey and just enjoying the beautiful fall colors.

Third pic you gotta recognize not to far from the Petrified Forest off US 12.

Hope that qualifies.

Greg

P.S. I apologize for the large pics I attached. First time doing it and didn't realize how big they would actually be once you clicked on 'em.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #

Greg its nice to see a tag coming from Utah, I thought for sure the tentstoc would get some activity. Great shots...

Bike
'01 ST1100A

Greg its nice to see a tag coming from Utah, I thought for sure the tentstoc would get some activity. Great shots...
It sure was a beautiful ride. I had not been able to get out as much this summer as I have in the past and this ride made me want to kick myself in the butt for being so lazy.

Got another month or so left to do some riding down south. Have never done Arches or Canyonlands, also thinking about Great Basin National Park.

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
Nope not this trip, we were up north. Bear Lake,Logan Canyon,Ogden Canyon. Thought about it but it was too far for our time frame..

1129VLD

"71David5"
Bike
04 ST1300
STOC #
D'Manda and I rode from Green River to Las Vegas today. We looked for the tag along HWY12 but didn't see it. It could have been back over our shoulders.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
If Carole wasn't with me, I would have that tag. We're in Cedar City UT heading for YooperSToc probably within 120 miles or so of the tag.

OP
OP
NoBull

NoBull

Twisties are your friend
Bike
CRF450X
STOC #
If Carole wasn't with me, I would have that tag. We're in Cedar City UT heading for YooperSToc probably within 120 miles or so of the tag.
Wow Mac I never really thought I would see the day when you said 120 miles was too far to ride. Does Carole know you're blamming it on her? By all means we understand no ones gonna say anything..:chat1::crackup

BakerBoy

It's all small stuff.
STOC #
Huh. :confused: Webslinger, which picture in post #7 is your tag? I find nothing that looks like that mountain outside of Torrey. :)

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
OK, Carole and I are are doing Utah (Zion, Bryce, Arches, Moki Dugway, and the rest) starting Sunday, August 23 and I, like Smash, am a bit confused as to which is the real UT tag. Since we will be traveling on UT 12.....;)

PS We won't be doing CO, so Hammets is safe from us.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
Since Webslinger didn't post a picture of his bike in the tag, which we went by earlier today (and I'm sure of the 531 pictures Carole took in the last two days, she has a picture of that hill) we're going to find Nick's tag and move that. Hope everyone is OK with this.

Bike
2018 Gold Wing
STOC #
After a gorgeous run from Escalante to Boulder, we started really concentraing on finding the real Utah tag. After dodging many cattle in this free rannging area and checking out many turnouts, including one that had a road closed sign at the entrance, we finally spotted the little lake off in the distance and agreed this was Nobull's tag spot. We will post the new tag later today, if noone else gets to this one first.

Attachments

Top Bottom