V1 Mount options

Bike
2004 ST1300
STOC #
Wondering where most Valentine owners mount their units. Trying to figure out if the rearward detection will be obstructed by my own blubbery mass if I place it on a dash shelf? TIA

Bike
BMW K1600GTL
STOC #
Wondering where most Valentine owners mount their units. Trying to figure out if the rearward detection will be obstructed by my own blubbery mass if I place it on a dash shelf? TIA
I use the right side version of this. Puts the rearward detection antenna on the right side of the bike, which keeps my body from blocking it. Seems to have no problems picking up signals from behind.

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
rt hand turbo city mount and legal speeding radar detector box mounted on top it.

legalspeeding.com

drrod

Site Supporter
Bike
'04 ST1300
STOC #
I have mine mounted on the right side of the dash. The rearward facing antennae is on the right side of the unit thus giving it a better "sight line" if mounted to the right of the bikes centerline (when sitting on the bike). Seems to pick up signals from the rear pretty well although I must admit, that I haven't had to give it the "acid" test. I am far more concerned with what is in front than what is behind. If I see something gaining on me from behind, that I can't readily identify, I slow down until I can.

Rod

Bike
'16 Versys 650LT
STOC #

I mount mine dead center on the dash mounted to my ST1100. Works fine for rearward dectection as well as to the front. I've used this same setup on 3 STs for my V-1s over the last 10 years. In all that time I've only received one ticket and that was because I chose to ignore the detector warning because I thought I was doing the speed limit... I was wrong. :(

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I have mine on the right side of the dash shelf. I'm sure that I block the laser detector by having it there.
I think the rearward laser detection is obstructed but most of the time you are shot in front before you have a chance to slow down. The rearward radar waves seems to pass right through you and are detected just fine.
IMHO, It would be better to mount it out on the reservoirs.

Bike
2012 r1200rt
STOC #
Thanks! Why the right hand side?
primary reason for me is that i have too much stuff already on the left hand side. j&m cb2003and aquabox with cell phone.

putting it on the right with the xm radio kinda balanced it all out.

Top Bottom