Valve Inspection and Adjustment Parts

RCS

That's verrrrry curious. The '305 part shows as a full set ("PLATE SET") in the fiche. I ordered the same part number (just checked the invoice) a year or two ago and got a four-pack. There was a 'G00 version of the same part that was sold singly and is listed in the fiche for 2004 and earlier. Check the package and make sure you didn't get the old part.

But yeah, you can re-use the retaining plates many times. I figured after five years of having the air box on and off a lot it was time for a set of new ones.

--Mark
I ordered from Hdlparts.com. The invoice states part 17254-MCS-305 as does the part they sent me. I only received one plate for $2.79. I went back to their Fiche last night and ordered four 17254-MCS-GOO plates. What Fiche are you referring to?

I tend to err on the cautious side when working on my ST. I order new parts for items that may be consumable and even an extra bolt and washer for ones I may drop in the innards of the bike(not motor or moving parts) while working on it. It does get frustrating sometimes as I ordered new valve cover gaskets at $24.95 each and after performing my valve check realized I didn't need them this time. But, I may need them next time.

I've had the airbox off once and want to have extra plates just in case I'm in there and one of the tips of a plate breaks off or seems fragile. Just want to do it once and right. I figure my time is worth more than a few dollars for some extra small parts. Plus these extra parts I'm buying now should work on the 2008 ST1300A I'll be purchasing in the year 2014.

Top Bottom