VFR1200 family face

pretbek

Ŵΐļļ ŗĭδέ ∫ỗґ Ŧщịştịέş
Bike
Super Tenere
STOC #
Well, I finally saw it (actually when I was watching British Touring Car
Championship):

The schnoz of the VFR1200 is simply a continuation of the family design direction!

VFR1200, with a V shape in the headlight that is clearly similar to the front and rear of the European Honda Civic

Now I have a little bit less the feeling of "why are you guys making it look like that?" about the VFR1200.

Bike
2005 ST1300
Dennis,
You should compare the face on the car to the Triumph Sprint ST..dead ringer...

As to the VFR...I saw and sat on it Saturday...
I am dissapointed to say it underwhelmed me.. (i am sure riding it I would feel different but to did not fit good enough even if I put risers on for a touring bike..)

And if I had to choose something that expensive (and sporty) as a second bike..I would opt for the K1300S...sitting on that Saturday spoke to me..

veefore

See you at my intervention!
Bike
15' BMW R1200RT
STOC #
I had a chance to sit on one as well and the bars were narrower and stretched me farther forward than I would like. Maybe risers would fix that, I don't know. Fit and finish is nice and I liked the mechanism they are using to hinge the top box. But I had to wonder, at this price point, why a rear fender hugger (to protect the shock) would be an option along with the center stand. The stand could be removed by those that didn't want it.......
Cost wise, I'm curious to see how much the bags and top box will be.

Bike
2000 ST1100 ABS TCS
STOC #
I'd go with a "STrut" instead of the center stand. Just POs me they would make it extra. I'll be the T will have center stand as standard.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Well, if all goes as planned, I'll be riding a new VFR rental (instead of the C14) when I head for Ireland in June. The rental place is scheduled to get one in time for my trip. So I guess I'll find out the good, the bad, and the ugly and let y'all know! :D

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
Well, if all goes as planned, I'll be riding a new VFR rental (instead of the C14) when I head for Ireland in June. The rental place is scheduled to get one in time for my trip. So I guess I'll find out the good, the bad, and the ugly and let y'all know! :D
Y'all gonna ride the viffer 2 up? Did they say why they backstroked on the C14? That was the bike I was wantin ya to ride so I could the report LOL.

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
ACL - Well, I take that as a high compliment. I'll probably have to visit a back doctor when I get back to be able to straighten up ... ;-)

GUY - Mike gave me the option because he knows how much I like the 'Pans'. So it was my choice - cause I really want to see what the new VFR is really like without having to buy one. That way if it comes out in a touring model, I already have a pretty good idea. I figure I could probably rent a C14 anytime over here if I really wanted to ride one. But the VFR is probably gonna be scarce for a while ...

BamaRider

Guy
STOC #
ACL - Well, I take that as a high compliment. I'll probably have to visit a back doctor when I get back to be able to straighten up ... ;-)

GUY - Mike gave me the option because he knows how much I like the 'Pans'. So it was my choice - cause I really want to see what the new VFR is really like without having to buy one. That way if it comes out in a touring model, I already have a pretty good idea. I figure I could probably rent a C14 anytime over here if I really wanted to ride one. But the VFR is probably gonna be scarce for a while ...
Dang bro, I can't see ya on a VFR, (its too small) call Mike back and get the Kaw fore its too late. Sharyn is gonna run you off after the first day on the back on that babydoll. LOL.

I'd do it the other way, ride the VFR locally, and the C14 on a extended and important tour, but heck you don't ever listen to me. LOL

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Dang bro, I can't see ya on a VFR, (its too small) call Mike back and get the Kaw fore its too late. Sharyn is gonna run you off after the first day on the back on that babydoll. LOL.

I'd do it the other way, ride the VFR locally, and the C14 on a extended and important tour, but heck you don't ever listen to me. LOL
GUY - Remember - this ain't like the one you rented in the U.K.! ;)

Top Bottom