VFR1200F Price -- $20K!!!

Marshal_Mercer

Bumbleberry + Crumble = Yum!
Bike
Has new home
STOC #
I have been looking for a lighter-weight replacement bike for my 2004. BMW's K1300GT, the new Ducati Multistrada, and the new Honda VFR1200 look interesting. Price versus features is my main consideration.

I received from Honda a "build your own VFR1200F" email today. Here's how it shook-out:

2010 VFR1200F
Candy Red

• Base MSRP
  • Selected Accessories (manufacturer suggested*)
  • MSRP including Accessories
  • $15,999.00
  • $4,092.06
  • $20,091.06
Selected Accessories: Rear Trunk Pad, Rear Tire Hugger, Wind Deflector Set, Rear Trunk Liner, Accessory Wire Harness, Color-matched Saddlebags, Windscreen Deflector, Rear Carrier, 12v Accessory Socket, Saddlebag Liner Set, Centerstand, Heated Grips, Color-matched Rear Trunk

$20K? Let's see: BMW K1300GT with many features for $20K; Ducati Multistrada with TONS of features for $20K; Honda VFR with very few features for $20K? The auto-trans will be more still. Hmmm.

The Multistrada 1200S Touring model has: ?hlins Electronic Suspension, ABS, Traction Control, a tire pressure monitoring system, heated grips, a centerstand, and hard luggage.

$20K seems to be the new $14K.

Marshal

Last edited:

EASt

Streuselkuchen
Bike
S1000XR
The price is high, but after perusing your accessory list, you've just added enough weight and accessories to make....

.... an ST. :shrug2:

indypup

Accidents HURT! Safety doesn't
Bike
2007 ST1300
STOC #
I received the same email. ;) Just imagine how expensive the touring model is going to be. :(

Bike
2005 ST1300
VFR "F" model is a Sport Bike with Bags...

I expect (IF) the "T" model ever comes to pass I think the price will sit smack dab between the VFR and the Goldwing...Hello 20K..

Many of the sport tourers are now north of 15 with the exception of FJR? (Although I suspects its close) and I think the C14 is right around 15....and the 2 BMWs are around 20 (+)

The VFR is nice and I like it but the BMW K13S is very comfortable seating position wise (to me) and I'd take it for around the same price..Plus Its dead sexxaaay!:bow1:

OP
OP
Marshal_Mercer

Marshal_Mercer

Bike
Has new home
STOC #
VFR "F" model is a Sport Bike with Bags...

I expect (IF) the "T" model ever comes to pass I think the price will sit smack dab between the VFR and the Goldwing...Hello 20K..

Many of the sport tourers are now north of 15 with the exception of FJR? (Although I suspects its close) and I think the C14 is right around 15....and the 2 BMWs are around 20 (+)

The VFR is nice and I like it but the BMW K13S is very comfortable seating position wise (to me) and I'd take it for around the same price..Plus Its dead sexxaaay!:bow1:
Yes, the K1300S is on my short list... if my back can take the strain.

Marshal

Bike
2005 ST1300
Yes, the K1300S is on my short list... if my back can take the strain.

Marshal
The thing about the K, its too 'sporty' for touring duties, so it would be in addition to the ST and not instead..even though it feels very comfortable sitting on it and man...how can 0 - 60 in 2.7 seconds be bad ;-):bow1:

A nice summer/weekender it would be but at 16k thats a pricey second ride..the only problem with it...I'd look at the used market for one likely..

I got the email too..... The bike looked nice,,,,, I imagined owning one. The power / speed intrigued me... then I realized I can't / won't even ride my own ST anywhere near its performance limits.... email deleted.

ShaftyNZ

Riding Godzone
Bike
06 ST1300
I've been following the VF1200's tests and comparo's with interest, and the net result is I feel even better about owning the Pan Euro in my garage.

I'll never need anywhere near the performance available on the ST, love the elecky screen, great tank range etc etc - and I have no need to own the latest and greatest - my 2 yen worth.

SteveST1300

Site Supporter
Vendor
Bike
03&04 ST1300
STOC #
It would be bad for my license with all the points I would get for speeding! :scared2:
My car is bad enough on my license I don't need a rocket like that. If I add a fresh air intake and a pipe to my car I can increase the HP to 350. That would only cost $1200 and I won't do that because its fast enough already at 300HP. I will just keep my ST.

Bones

Your Humble Scribe
Bike
2014 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
My ST will be sticking around a while, too. I don't tap anything close to its potential and when I feel like zinging around on a lightweight I just take the Versys. I'd still like to see what the touring variant is like, but I'm not in a buying mode anymore. I like lots of bikes but twenty large is a pile of change.

nm6r

Blue is faster!!!
I might have already gone the K1200S route or now the K1300S if it wasn't for it having a BMW final drive. :eek:

I test rode one a while back and really liked it.

Ray

Throttlejockey

Padden is my hero
Bike
06 ST1300
STOC #
I would buy a brand new Hyabusa for under $10K with more performance and just as comfortable, once it's lowered, before I spent the money on a VFR.

OP
OP
Marshal_Mercer

Marshal_Mercer

Bike
Has new home
STOC #
Ha, that is indeed funny... good one there!

If it were true. Paid as a percentage of the sales price less on my three BMWs than my ST1300. Go figure.
Congrats on that. I hope that I do as well on the K1300GT or K1300S that I've been scouting. Or the Multistrada. Or the....

Marshal

Top Bottom