Video sample using a 360 adventure camera

Rodd

AuSTralian
Bike
1998 ST1100
I have a 1998 ST1100 and a 2010 Yamaha Super Tenere Adventure bike and plan on doing some comparison videos in the future. Here's a sample of a new camera that I have. It's called a Insta360 One R and I bought the 'Twin' pack. The twin pack comes with a 4K adventure cam camera module AND a 360 degree camera module. The camera is affixed to the LHS crash bar and the direction of view is done once you start to process the video on the computer. So, this is a sample of what is to come.

Please like the video in youtube, subscribe and comment if that's what you want to do. This will spur me on to do more 'stuff'. :)

Best regards
Rodd

This is video taken by the same camera, but using the 4K camera module. This makes the camera behave as if it's a standard adventure/action camera.. The video stabilization is also very good with this camera module.
There is another camera module that can be purchased and that uses a 1" sensor, giving it the ability to make better low light videos. I will be buying the Insta360 selfie stick to go with this system soon. The advantage with the Insta360 selfie stick is that it extends out further than the cheap ones, and the camera removes the selfie stick image from the video and this makes the resulting video look like it was taken by a drone.

I also have used a Drift Ghost-S action camera for years now. It has been a great camera and even uses a wrist mounted control unit. I'm going to do some comparison videos between the Insta360 and the Drift cameras as well.

This is video taken by the same camera, but using the 4K camera module. This makes the camera behave as if it's a standard adventure/action camera.. The video stabilization is also very good with this camera module.
There is another camera module that can be purchased and that uses a 1" sensor, giving it the ability to make better low light videos. I will be buying the Insta360 selfie stick to go with this system soon. The advantage with the Insta360 selfie stick is that it extends out further than the cheap ones, and the camera removes the selfie stick image from the video and this makes the resulting video look like it was taken by a drone.

I also have used a Drift Ghost-S action camera for years now. It has been a great camera and even uses a wrist mounted control unit. I'm going to do some comparison videos between the Insta360 and the Drift cameras as well.

Looks good.
Keep the videos coming.

Between the two, I prefer the 4K version; not because of the resolution, but because the 360 has a lot of fisheye.

That said, the 360 had good horizon lock. Is the camera itself gyro stabilized, or is that done in post?

Here's a sample of a new camera that I have
In this instance v1 looks to be 1080/30 and v2 1080/60. Is that what you shot them are or is that YT interference. YT and other cdns were/are dialing back throughput. Does the camera do 4K/60?

Between the two, I prefer the 4K version; not because of the resolution, but because the 360 has a lot of fisheye.

That said, the 360 had good horizon lock. Is the camera itself gyro stabilized, or is that done in post?
You can change the look to remove fisheye. You can zoom in and out. Naturally, if the subject is close then the picture is affected and it's best to keep the camera away for (I guess) 2 or 3 feet. I have purchased the Insta360 selfie stick for this model camera and I will take a video with the camera further away and post it. :)

In this instance v1 looks to be 1080/30 and v2 1080/60. Is that what you shot them are or is that YT interference. YT and other cdns were/are dialing back throughput. Does the camera do 4K/60?
I still have a lot to learn about this camera but the I think that the 360 camera needs to reduce the resolution once it is processed to a normal video. It's at least FullHD (1920 x 1080). This is the same resolution that YT allowed for the 4K video, so I have to find how to get past that limitation. :)

Edit: I just noticed that youtube now allows the video to play at 4k and 60 fps. 60 fps isn't needed for YT, so I plan to turn that down to improve the play rate on future videos.

Edit: I just noticed that youtube now allows the video to play at 4k and 60 fps. 60 fps isn't needed for YT, so I plan to turn that down to improve the play rate on future videos.
No it's not needed for YT but it makes for some very crisp video especially where faster movement is involved as in from a moving vehicle of moving vehicles.

With the 360º field of view higer fps and/or resolution isn't that important. That applies to most any camera with wide field of view if detail isn't a priority.

If you can work it in I'd like to see a couple of videos shot at 4K/60. Some computers won't have the GPU HP to play that but I'd still like to see what that looks like. My personal preference is to see license plates sharply for vehicles both passing and oncoming.

YT masks plates but looking at other objects will give me an idea of what 4K/60 looks like. The latest iPhone (among others) shoots 4K/60 but I'm not ready to upgrade just yet. So if you could do that I'd appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom