Wallowa Oregon

Thinking of trying to get a group together to spend a weekend at Wallowa in mid September. Right now in August there is not any camp spots available. Any body interested.
Just beginning to work it out so the date is adjustable and check out the campground.
We have been there before, there is horse rentals, a gondola that goes up the side of a hill to where you can almost see New York. A tourist town of Joseph is nearby and the lake is beautiful

W0QNX

Blacksheep Tribal Member
Bike
06/ST1300 19/R1250RT
2024 Miles
WA 129 and OR 3 south out of Clarkston was a great ride for me this summer. Nice curvy road and fabulous views at the Granade Ronde river area.

The current OR tag is at the Joesph Canyon viewpoint on OR 3.

OP
OP
Well I went to Wallowa and the weather was great, not too hot and not to cold. Found out they don't want us to feed the chipmunks at the top anymore. They found out that most did not make it through the winter.
Did find out the bear problem is not as bad as the deer problem. Neighbors had their table raided by the deer and admitted that they were in fact forewarned.
We bought a air mattress for the wife and I was too cheap to get one for me. (idiot) Too old to do without.
And had a good time at the top of the mountain and it was clear, I think I saw Chicago or New York looking East. But it might have been my imagination, who knows?

Top Bottom