Washout

thezabba

Desk Jockey
Bike
2007 ST1300
Last Monday I purchased my 07 1300. :) That night I parked the bike and put the cover on. Since I do not have a garage I park my bikes in a spot where they are (supposedly) more shielded from the wind and rain. Well that night we had the first rain storm of the year. Not a whole lot of wind, but we had copious amounts of rain. About 2 in the morning I heard a rumble and a thud that woke me up :confused:. I had a really bad feeling. I look outside and my bike is tipped over leaning up against the daughters car :(. The next morning I come to find out that the rain had washed out under part of the driveway the bike was on causing it to shift and tip over the bike.

Luckily the damage was not extensive (cracked meter panel, cracked windshield cowl, and minor scratches on the windshield ) and the daughters car took the brunt of the blow ( to go along with all the other dents in it :p: ).

Not even 12 hours of ownership and already about $200 in repairs. Could be worse, but still frustrating.

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
Now that hurts!
In addition it is the worse kind of a tipover! You were not even involved other than your attempt to keep your bike clean and safe...

Don't add it to your tip over count... you didn't do it...

Bike
2003 ST1300
On the upside - you now no longer have to be paranoid about the first tipover. Now you can just ride.

Bike
ST1300A 2006
On the upside - you now no longer have to be paranoid about the first tipover. Now you can just ride.
I agree, congratulations on getting over your worry about getting that first scratch :scared2:...in fact, I think the odds of anything like that happening again to you are near zero....There's no where to go but up, happy trails and safe riding :eek::.

Bike
2006 ST1300
Its better when explanations of bike damage can start out as "Hey, you shoulda seen..." It just makes you feel better if you earn the damage.

Well it could be worse. My bike still has the temporary plate on it, and I'm probably going to have to sell it. I got laid off a week after buying it. Never saw it coming...business was actually picking up, not going down.

Good luck and happy riding!

Jim

OP
OP
thezabba

thezabba

Desk Jockey
Bike
2007 ST1300
Agreed on getting over the scratch and tipover fear. :)

Jim, sorry to hear about the layoff. I have had quite a few friends over the last couple years who have and or are going through it too. :(

Top Bottom