Well I Waited and Waited....

Bike
08 VFR800, 17 CB1100
The Big Girl is gone. Traded in my 06 ST on Tues for a 17 CB1100 EX. Was starting to have issues with her control-ability, vs. my declining strength so thought it best to make a move before the inevitable occurred. Had hoped for many years that Honda would produce the answer to my dreams: a lighter weight, lower center of balance ST, but it was not to be.
Looked at and considered FJR, R1200RT, Tracker 900 GT and others, but decided I wanted to go retro and dial things back to something simpler. I absolutely love the look of the CB and that motor/transmission is sublime. Old School bike with modern goodies: FI, ABS, Gear Position Indicator. Was tickled this morning when I found the helmet lock.
No, I won't be going for multi-day, cross country journeys, but I'm no longer interested in that style/type of riding. I've got my VFR set up nicely for touring should the need come up, so the CB will be used for stylish cruising.

Attachments

NICE!... had my eye on that machine, with just the right amount of new-Tech, when she came out. When looking for my 'get-back-on-after-10-years / sweetie-pie-didn't-like-the-bikes-so-had-to-sell-em, MotoCycle to purchase... even considered starting with a 433lb 'sportbike' with excellent handling / brakes / inverted-forks / and FI... then fabricating proper 2-up framework/Seat, adding Panniers, et al. BUT then found my $1000 38,000 miles ST1100. Can do a LOT of changes/fixes/re-working, with the 2 or 3 grand i didn't spend (yet). You got a sweet Ride, with a Warranty(!)

Bike
2000 ST1100
I picked up a 2014 CB1100 last year. It is truly one sweet ride. I opted to keep the ST1100 for the longer trips, but found I like the CB for local rides and nearby rally's, within say, 300 miles.

You are going to love the CB. Enjoy.
Jim

Top Bottom