Wellington/Porirua ST11

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
Well I just gotta covince the virus to ***** off big time and I can go riding too - man it's such a shame with this great weather - and we're in lockdown !

OP
OP
Georgevn
Sadly, on the day before lockdown I was on a happy ride between eketahuna and masterton when I found a large boulder in the middle of the road between the wheel tracks of the car i was following at 100k. Next minute, two broken wheels, two flat tyres, waiting for the tow truck.
Insurance wrote the bike off as there are no new wheels plus big question marks over the suspension. No more ST11 rides for me...

Attachments

Alesco

1997 30k mls ;o)
Bike
GL1500, ST 1100,
Damn, and double damn !
That is incredibly bad luck- sorry to hear. Thankful you managed to stay upright - good (great ) skills!
Second hand rims maybe an option if you want to keep what you know?
Wish you the best in your descisions :thumb:

Bike
VStrom 650
Sadly, on the day before lockdown I was on a happy ride between eketahuna and masterton when I found a large boulder in the middle of the road between the wheel tracks of the car i was following at 100k. Next minute, two broken wheels, two flat tyres, waiting for the tow truck.
Insurance wrote the bike off as there are no new wheels plus big question marks over the suspension. No more ST11 rides for me...
It sounds like a clear case of Sod's Law.
And you'd just cleaned em :doh1:.
Glad you're in one piece.
Upt'North.

OP
OP
Georgevn
Glad you are ok and sorry to hear about your bike. eBay perhaps for a set of wheels?
Tried but incredibly difficult plus costly to get them here plus a lot have some damage already! Thanks to 5 star insurance company who paid out decent market value so quickly. Still sad to lose the big machine ...

Mark

Gotta make tracks
Bike
KTM 525exc
STOC #
That must have been an ugly couple of minutes!
Glad you're okay.
Good luck on the bike hunt... Any "breakers" in NZ that might have an ST1100?

Uncle Phil

Site Supporter
In The Holler West Of Nashville, Tennessee
Bike
4 ST1100(s)
2024 Miles
STOC #
Or maybe buy a 'badly' used one that has good wheels. I would be surprised if the suspension is damaged as the rear shock is pretty sturdy. Unless the 'hit' bent the forks, they are probably fine also. I've bent a wheel on a ST1100 before. :biggrin:

Bike
2021 RE Meteor 350
Tried but incredibly difficult plus costly to get them here plus a lot have some damage already! Thanks to 5 star insurance company who paid out decent market value so quickly. Still sad to lose the big machine ...
Any chance you got to keep the bike for a parts bike, in case you get another 1100?

Top Bottom