Went for the No-Mar

Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
Well to stimulate the lagging economy I went ahead and purchased a No-Mar changer with a hitch mount to go on the van. Should be here Friday. (It's supposed to be a Christmas present). I wonder if I'll be able to play with it before Christmas? Now I got to learn how to use it!

Bike
07 ST1300A
Congrats! They look like great units. If you havent already done it, look through their video library, they have some great vids on how to use their product.

RCS

Which No-Mar changer did you get and would you order a different No-Mar model if you had to do it again? How many tires have you changed since you got the unit?

I plan on getting one of these "package units" around the Holidays as the company says they will likely offer free shipping at that time.

Tom Mac 04a

Site Supporter
Bike
04 ST1300a
STOC #
Have the No-mar base unit... it was good bucks but worth it for me as I change tires on 3 bikes.

One thing I've learned , esp with the Bridgestones 020f and/or any stiff wall tire... learn where to put the lube and put on twice as much as you think you need and the tire will go on easy.
Second thing is if you want to do a GW tire, pick up a strap to lash the rim to a support ( to hold the rim from spinning ) or buy the special rim clamps they sell.
Then learn to climb on top of the GW tire :)

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
I've had mine just over a year now and I might be doing tire change #97 and #98 tomorrow if the tires show up.

I did purchase the rim clamps but one of them has since strips and 2 of the black helping hands have cracked. No Mar said to send them the items and $10 and they will send replacements, very cool.

If you would have told me I would do that many tires I would laugh at you.

I have the base no-mar model w/hitch setup. The strap Tom mentions above I use every time on every tire, just makes things easier. I do hate BS tires.. LOL

The changer comes with 3 replaceable tips for the bar. I cracked the original one on my first change. However, I only recently replaced it so even cracked it worked great.

I've even used this to demount 8 truck tires and mount 4. A lot easier than MC tires in some ways.

OP
OP
DaveST
Bike
2007 ST1300abs
STOC #
RCS.
Tom Mac 04a answers your question.
I might get the clamps for it for the rear tire change but a strap makes a huge difference holding the tire. For my small bike and the front tire of the ST the machine works great! I've only done one ST13 rear tire and it was a chore.
I got the standard machine with the package with all the junk. The balancer works but it's not built all that heavy. I balance the front tire WAY better than any shop has for me.
I'm pleased with it.

Top Bottom