What did you do to / ride to with your Beemer today?

Sadlsor

Site Supporter
Bike
2008 ST1300A
STOC #
That's only the SECOND black Givi key I've seen in my life. They're supposed to be red!
The world is demolishing all semblance of what I knew to be true...
But that's a fine- looking case. Did you paint it, or have it done?

DavidR8

Site Supporter
Bike
2013 BMW R1200RT
STOC #
After installing the cylinder head guards yesterday I had to make sure it still ran right.
so braving the 44 deg F cold I did a 60 km loop with a coffee stop halfway.
noticed that the outside temperature reading wasn’t working so I think I must not have reconnected it correctly.
No codes though so maybe not?

Something I miss about the ST are its mirrors. Definitely have to do something about that.

Smudgemo

Intermodal Man of Mystery
Bike
'08 GS / '78 CB550
Overdue valve check for the '08 GS - one intake loose on the #2 and one exhaust tight on the #1 at 10k miles. Interval is 6k, but you know.. The more maintenance items I do on this bike, the more I appreciate the simplicity of the Hexhead generation. My '78 CB550 is also nut and screw. A little fiddly, but I'd rather do this than shims with longer intervals.

And yes, that's a Honda emblem between the fender and the side plastic. Accident.
Valve.jpg

OP
OP
Tor

Tor

Making Life A Ride
Site Supporter
Bike
R1200 GSA / S1000XR
Overdue valve check for the '08 GS - one intake loose on the #2 and one exhaust tight on the #1 at 10k miles. Interval is 6k, but you know.. The more maintenance items I do on this bike, the more I appreciate the simplicity of the Hexhead generation. My '78 CB550 is also nut and screw. A little fiddly, but I'd rather do this than shims with longer intervals.

And yes, that's a Honda emblem between the fender and the side plastic. Accident.
Valve.jpg
Shims on my 2015 WH. Have one coming up at 3K from now at 48K (every 12K). Haven't had to replace shims yet, so its been pretty simple so far.

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
Shims on my 2015 WH. Have one coming up at 3K from now at 48K (every 12K). Haven't had to replace shims yet, so its been pretty simple so far.
Last of an unbroken bloodline of locknut and screw tappets going back to the R32, the hexheads have a short valve check interval of 6,000 miles but I've gone as many as three valve checks without needing to touch a lock nut. Most of the other checks it's been one or two exhaust valves tightening just a smidge.

Reactions: Tor

dduelin

Tune my heart to sing Thy grace
Site Supporter
Bike
GL1800 R1200RT NC700
2024 Miles
STOC #
ooops.mounted backwards...lol
That's what I was thinking when I saw post #1 but every manufacturer does their own thing and maybe backwards is the new thing.

For my part I'm glad to see Michelin offering a rebate on a set again. I made my purchase two weeks ago.

Mellow

Joe
Admin
Bike
'21 BMW R1250RT
2024 Miles
That's what I was thinking when I saw post #1 but every manufacturer does their own thing and maybe backwards is the new thing.

For my part I'm glad to see Michelin offering a rebate on a set again. I made my purchase two weeks ago.
30 min.. just took off the front, dismounted/remounted in the correct direction, re balanced, reinstalled...

I'll do the rear at lunch.

That tire worked for me, prior to the Vredestein.
On another note, I like that garage floor, too!
Thanks, garage deck from amazon, pretty good quality, I still use something under the centerstand but probably not necessary.

Big Floors GarageDeck Coin Pattern, Durable Copolymer Interlocking Modular Non-Slip Garage Flooring Tile (48 Pack), Graphite - Amazon.com

Top Bottom